Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-23-2010, 08:00 AM   #1

Audio system?

Has anyone tried the Shark 250 watt audio system on their bike? I am considering an audio system for my bike and I need opinions on this system or any brand system. Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Audio system?

I know it has waterproof speakers. It works with pretty much all MP3 players and compatible with IPhone, Blackberry and others. Seems like a pretty good system. I don't have one but have read up on some.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 04-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #3

Audio system?

I have one, not installed yet. I'm trying to figure out where to place the
amplifier. I did have it up and running on the workbench, sounds real good.
I ordered some clamps for the speakers, they should be in by next week.
I'll let you know once I have it all installed on the bike.
Henryk

Old 04-23-2010, 06:26 PM   #4

Audio system?

I have the PYLE 300W system, I'm happy with it. It isn't in the picture but it also comes with a usb charger. No FM tuner but the MP3 player I got cheap has one in it. We were on a ride a couple weekends ago & they person riding behind me could hear it fine also. Not Jensen quality sound but is real nice. One word of caution the volume knob they give you is junk, I just turn it up all the way & use the volume on the MP3. For the price it's a nice unit & all waterproof vs the Shark that the amp/head is NOT waterproof.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Pic mounted
http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/r...9/P3200005.jpg

Old 04-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #5

Audio system?

Just bought a set of Shark 250W on Ebay, I hope to have them in about a week. I like the looks and they seem to have good reviews. I'll post my review once I have them installed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #6

Audio system?

I just installed a cycle acoustics 150 watt system. It is pretty nice, the wife even said it was a good purchase. They are selling them for 75 shipped and I have to say it is well worth it.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #7

Audio system?

I have a Shark 100 watt stereo on my old bike and on the Nomad until I got the fairing. I was very happy with it and found it was loud enough even at highway speeds. I mounted my in a front fork bag and the remote I put by the front forks where it was covered by the panel that wraps around the front forks.

Brian Muscat
bamuscat@gmail.com
Barrie, ON

KawaNOW #1404
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Ultra)
Red and Black because they're the fastest colours!
Winter is nature's way of telling us to add more Chrome!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #8

Audio system?

Jagugator,
Where did you mount the audio system? I have the same T/T 1700 and I'd like to mount some sounds on the bike.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #9

Audio system?

I bought 2 handlebar mounts and mounted them down on the low part of the handlbars. routed the wires under the tank and placed the amp in the tool kit holder. used a bunch of zipties making it look respectable. I will try to get some pictures tomorrow.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #10

Audio system?

So I got around to installing the Shark 250 watt system today that I bought on Ebay. I mounted the speakers with the supplied brackets to the mirrors. I pulled all the wires under the gas tank to the battery area and then into the left side cover area. I did this with a coat hanger that I straightened out and taped the cables to it. The amp is strapped with the velcro strap that wasn't being used inside the cover and I put all the excess cables in there also. Hooked everything up with my Ipod that I put inside my windshield bag. Quite impressed with the sound, I haven't been out for a ride with it yet but it sounds pretty loud even with the engine running in my garage. Nice looking speakers and pretty good sound, so I'm happy so far.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:55 AM   #11

Audio system?

I've had shark 100 watt for about a year. I used one clamp between the risers and used the speaker brackets putting one on each side, compact. At 80mph I probably could not tell left ear from right any way. I tried my iPhone as a radio and got feed back, did not work. But the fm in the amp and my mp3 work great. I've thought about upgrading to the 250 but can't come up with a good reason to spend the $.
Thanks for your time

Old 05-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to dabull
Audio system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli
So I got around to installing the Shark 250 watt system today that I bought on Ebay. I mounted the speakers with the supplied brackets to the mirrors. I pulled all the wires under the gas tank to the battery area and then into the left side cover area. I did this with a coat hanger that I straightened out and taped the cables to it. The amp is strapped with the velcro strap that wasn't being used inside the cover and I put all the excess cables in there also. Hooked everything up with my Ipod that I put inside my windshield bag. Quite impressed with the sound, I haven't been out for a ride with it yet but it sounds pretty loud even with the engine running in my garage. Nice looking speakers and pretty good sound, so I'm happy so far.

Could these speakers be mounted further towards the center? Versus up and out by the mirrors? I would prefer to have the speakers behind the windshield on the outside edges of my windshield bag....is this doable size wise???

Old 05-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #13

Audio system?

Not with the supplied brackets, you would have to get yourself some handle bar brackets.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to dabull
Audio system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli
Not with the supplied brackets, you would have to get yourself some handle bar brackets.

will the speaker size allow that setup ....front to rear, or will the windshield get in the way....??? Thx~!

Old 05-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #15
Advanced Member

Audio system?

Have you guys seen this?
http://www.mc-tunes.com (as of this morning his website seems to be down) so here is
another link at JP Cycles... http://www.jpcycles.com/product/381-960
I look one over on a Heritage the other day and it's not so bad...a little bulky but he does good work. He also makes them for Metric's.
I hope his site is up soon.

Clayton
2008 1600 Nomad
VBA #01332