Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #91

*** MEMBER NEEDS HELP! ***

Kudos to everyone who came together to help out a friend. An honor to be among you, and a comfort to see how everyone's got each other's back. Watching this team effort unfold has motivated me to join the Emergency Support List even though I'm new to the group. Maybe I can "pay it forward" sometime & help out a fellow Nomader in this neck of the woods.
Again, well done all!

2008 Nomad 1600
"Sea Bird"
Blue & Silver

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #92

Just a thought, but if a member was stranded someplace, (and I certainly can agree with Jared's Dealership $$ avoidance), maybe some kind of Emergency Slush-Fund could be set up for contributing members. ex. $20.00 x 150 members, 300 members..... would certainly be enough to get somebody out of a jam on the rode. And with an Interest Bearing Account @ 1.8% we could all pitch-in and get Trip a box of cigars.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:22 AM   #93
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

Jared,
I am glad you are back up and running. Since nothing else seemed to help and you unplugging and plugging everything back in I would think that something wasn't tight and vibrated just loose enough so it didn't get a good connection. When you plugged everything back in you solved the problem. Glad you are back among the running.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaNomadRider
Jared,
I am glad you are back up and running. Since nothing else seemed to help and you unplugging and plugging everything back in I would think that something wasn't tight and vibrated just loose enough so it didn't get a good connection. When you plugged everything back in you solved the problem. Glad you are back among the running.

And next time I meet up with you somewhere, you'll have to show me where all those connections are :)

Old 03-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Lund
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaNomadRider
Jared,

And next time I meet up with you somewhere, you'll have to show me where all those connections are :)
You've got a warranty don't you?

VBA #1051 (Former President)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #96
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by delivery58
Just a thought, but if a member was stranded someplace, (and I certainly can agree with Jared's Dealership $$ avoidance), maybe some kind of Emergency Slush-Fund could be set up for contributing members. ex. $20.00 x 150 members, 300 members..... would certainly be enough to get somebody out of a jam on the rode. And with an Interest Bearing Account @ 1.8% we could all pitch-in and get Trip a box of cigars.
As generous of an idea as this is delivery58 I think the actions taken were sufficient. We've had a member who claimed to have lost his Nomad due to the repo man and played all of us on it. We all felt terrible and we even started thinking about a fund to get his Nomad back.

Unfortunately it was a con job from the get go and thank goodness nobody got burned. We have enough members here to help a compadre rest his head if needed and tools. It's a good system.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 03-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Quote:
As generous of an idea as this is delivery58 I think the actions taken were sufficient. We've had a member who claimed to have lost his Nomad due to the repo man and played all of us on it. We all felt terrible and we even started thinking about a fund to get his Nomad back.

Unfortunately it was a con job from the get go and thank goodness nobody got burned. We have enough members here to help a compadre rest his head if needed and tools. It's a good system.

I missed the whole part about that being a con!

He really did dump it in a corner though, in broad daylight, good pavement, and no other vehicles right :)

Old 03-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowndodge "Darksider"
Quote:

Brad,

Is that who I think it is/was?

Old 03-09-2010, 01:29 AM   #99
Advanced Member

I just now seen this post. what a great job everyone did on this, this is just the best site and makes me proud to tell every nomad rider I meet about it.
ride safe.