Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Rallies & Rides > Archived > West Coast "Rally In The Redwoods" - August 23-25, 2011

Old 04-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
Top Contributor

"West Coast" Rally 2011

As summer 2010 draws closer....we are all getting excited for the upcoming events that will bring us together again...the KawaNOW Regional Rallies! I will have the great pleasure to live large by attending two...both the SW and NW Rallies.

Always thinking ahead....I have let my mind wander to the summer of 2011 and what is in store for the members. It appears decided that the 2011 KawaNOW National Rally will be held in Deals Gap, NC.

I'm sure that Trip et al is well aware that having it in that location will effectively make it impossible for most West Coast members to participate...an unfortunate circumstance but hey....it's a big country and tough for everyone to do so. For me personally, it would mean a 5400 mile round trip ride... . You get the picture.... . I got to thinking that since a lot of members here on the West Coast will be unable to make the 2011 National Rally....we should have a seperate Rally on this side of the country for all the rest of us.

I'm thinking the SW, NW and even the Western Canadian groups could combine for one big Rally of our own. One possible site I have been considering is Baker City, OR. It is home to some of the great motorcycle roads in all of Oregon....including it's very own "Dragons Tail", Hells Canyon Rd....the 22 mile twisty along the Snake River from Oxbow Dam to Hells Canyon Dam. It's 44 miles round trip as it is one big dead-end....but it is right up the heart of Hells Canyon! Check it out on Google Earth and you will get the full scope of what I'm talking about.... !

I have no idea what we would call this rally....or what Trip and the staff think about the idea, which is why I am posing the question here. I just think it would be wise of us to provide an alternative event for those members not able to attend the National due to it's location. If we are trying to grow our membership, we should do all we can to encourage maximum participation where possible!

I am certainly willing to help organize it if the other RL's and ARL's from the other regions are up for it and willing to help. If there is not a lot of interest in a "West Coast" Rally....or if Trip has some objection for whatever reason....schoeney and I will probably just plan our own NW Regional Rally again next year.

I first want to know if there is staff support for such an alternative event....and second....to see if anyone has any other location suggestions that should be considered. I can say from previous experience that Hells Canyon is an incredibly impressive thing to see and ride, so would consider it near the top of any list we might come up with. That said....there are other locations that offer their own treasures to consider as well... . What do you guys think?

Cheers....Kris
VBA #0691
2017 HD Ultra Limited Low
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour
2012 1700 Vulcan Voyager
2008 1600 Vulcan Nomad
1997 Vulcan 800 Classic

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional"

Custer 2009|Kalispell 2010|Cortez 2010|Crescent City 2011|Kanab 2012|Canmore 2012|Estes Park 2013|Orofino 2014|Lake Tahoe 2015|Red Lodge 2016

Login or Register to Remove Ads