Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 10-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #1

Weird Question but if you don't ask, you won't know ...

I know I have a better chance of finding rocking horse s**t but here goes:

On my '06 Nomad, I had a set of these top rails on the bags

http://www.amazon.com/MC-Enterprises.../dp/B000GV1DMW

I had an ..ahem..cough...mishap and one of them got scratched and I had to buy a new set since they don't sell singles! I now have one almost brand new rail. I need a mate if anyone has one (maybe after a similar ... ahem ... mishap, perhaps!). They will fit the Vaquero bags as the part numbers for the bags for the Nomad and Vag's are the same per Bikebandit and I test fit it.

Anyway, I just thought I'd ask on a very remote chance. I'd like to avoid eventually buying new naturally...Good used ones seem to be in the same category as the rocking horse poop...

Thanks,

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-28-2014, 11:18 PM   #2

I can't help you with what you're looking for, but I have to ask about your orange Vaquero... What do you think of the generic design stickers that are on it? I love that Kaw made an orange color, but I hate the generic flame/tribal stickers they put on it. Just wanted to get your opinion. I've only seen pictures online... haven't seen an orange Vaquero in person yet. So, they may actually look better in person than they do online.

Matt "Mo" Moore
Owasso, Oklahoma
VBA #1250
2005 Nomad 1600 - Darkside

"There is no normal life, there's just life. So get on with it." - Doc Holiday

Old 10-29-2014, 07:53 AM   #3
Sr. Contributor

Top rails for Kawasaki Nomad ~
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SADDL...8eQQitemZ19049 7694606QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 10-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #4

The orange Vaq is so much better lookin in person than in pics.

RACNRAY

Old 10-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobandy78 View Post
I can't help you with what you're looking for, but I have to ask about your orange Vaquero... What do you think of the generic design stickers that are on it? I love that Kaw made an orange color, but I hate the generic flame/tribal stickers they put on it. Just wanted to get your opinion. I've only seen pictures online... haven't seen an orange Vaquero in person yet. So, they may actually look better in person than they do online.
Flames I guess you love 'em or hate 'em. I happen to like them a lot but that's me. They do look better in real life than in pictures and they are not stickers as such. The paint feels smooth and to get them off you'd have some major sanding, repainting and recoating to do.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
Top rails for Kawasaki Nomad ~
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SADDL...8eQQitemZ19049 7694606QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Thanks. I'll probably end up there eventually....LOL

Old 10-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACNRAY View Post
The orange Vaq is so much better lookin in person than in pics.

RACNRAY

Old 10-29-2014, 05:42 PM   #8

Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear!! I don't mind flames, but looking at pictures online, they didn't seem to fit. But, if it looks great in person, then that's what really matters. Hopefully I'll be able to find one around my area in the orange to check it out. I have to say, I am jealous that you have an orange one. :) Congrats on the ride.

Matt "Mo" Moore
Owasso, Oklahoma
VBA #1250

Old 10-30-2014, 11:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobandy78 View Post
Thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear!! I don't mind flames, but looking at pictures online, they didn't seem to fit. But, if it looks great in person, then that's what really matters. Hopefully I'll be able to find one around my area in the orange to check it out. I have to say, I am jealous that you have an orange one. :) Congrats on the ride.
Thanks. Check one out. You'll like it...

Old 11-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmhspirit View Post
Flames I guess you love 'em or hate 'em. I happen to like them a lot but that's me. They do look better in real life than in pictures and they are not stickers as such. The paint feels smooth and to get them off you'd have some major sanding, repainting and recoating to do.
I guess I was half right. I checked closer today while putting the windshield on and the tank flames are under the clear coat but the flames on the fairing and bags are stick ons. Doesn't bother me. It still looks great in person but there it is....

Old 11-01-2014, 11:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmhspirit View Post
I guess I was half right. I checked closer today while putting the windshield on and the tank flames are under the clear coat but the flames on the fairing and bags are stick ons. Doesn't bother me. It still looks great in person but there it is....
Thanks again! I do want to check one out in person. I'm afraid if I did, I'd probably try and make the deal on the spot. That wouldn't set to well with the wifey. :) Again, congrats on your new ride! I hope you enjoy riding it as much as I dream of having one. ;)

Matt "Mo" Moore
Owasso, Oklahoma
VBA #1250