Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 10-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #16

reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Sam View Post
After thinking on your problem over night...my lightening quick mind thought to mention...after a kick stand shut-down switch situation....try RE-CYCLEING The Ignition Switch (ie: shut it completely off and wait a few seconds..then try a re-start...a "tip-over kill switch" event, will also require a ignition switch re-set ! )
I have never shut the switch off when this happens. The "reboot" the ECU may be the ticket. I remember when I still worked on automobiles, sometimes a crank sensor would go stupid on start up. You would have to re-crank the engine a couple times as it seemed to be out of time or ignition advanced.

I will add that I tried it today after a 50 mile ride and it started right up (no switch reset). Still seems to be a cold start related issue. I do have a fuel processor, but its not set very rich. Cobra Brand with accel and cruise pots set at "2".

Thanks for not dismissing the issue and coming up with a few suggestions. NICE!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #17

Plus 1 on the recycle. control alt delete. Just like a computer or unplugging your cable box for 10 seconds. Should do the trick.