Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #1

Full Replacement LED Headlight for Voyager/Vaquero in Under an Hour

I tackled the LED headlight today and it is SUPER simple to install so I thought I would do a quick write up. You will have to cut 2 tabs off of the mounting plate of the OE headlight assembly so this will not be reversible without sourcing a new headlight bracket.

I used a J.W. Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 Headlight:

http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/le...0-evolution-2/

This is the updated model with better side dispersion properties, these are American made and of superior quality; knockoffs can be had cheaper and there are other name brands as well such as Truck Lite, etc. I'm just familiar with J.W. from the 4X4 community and I prefer the look.

J.W. offers a universal trim ring which I used:

http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/le...ion-2/3156351/

To install:

1. Remove headlight shroud by removing one allen bolt directly under the headlight and gently tugging on the assembly to release top two posts.

2. Remove headlight assembly (4 bolts and the plug)

3. Completely disassemble headlight assembly until you are left with the black ring in the pic below.

4. There are three tabs on the OE bracket, you must remove the ones at the 3 O'clock and 9 O'clock position; the other is fine to stay.

5. Remove the tab at the 6 O'clock position on the J.W. Speaker bracket as it will interfere with the tab that secures your headlight shroud on the OE bracket.

6. Install headlight into J.W. bracket and then install headlight and J.W. bracket into factory bracket using OE trim ring.

*Note* At this point I used some nuts and bolts I had handy to install the OE trim ring rather than reusing the factory push pin fasteners, for this reason I had to slightly enlarge the holes on the fairing when reinstalling; choose a smaller nut and bolt if you don't wish to increase the diameter of the holes.

7. Plug in headlight, reinstall factory bracket with factory hardware and reinstall the headlight shroud.

8. Pimp your new headlight!!

Finished pics are in 3rd post; could only attach 5 to this one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vaqhl1.jpg (101.1 KB, 483 views)
File Type: jpg vaqhl2.jpg (99.0 KB, 465 views)
File Type: jpg vaqhl3.jpg (88.5 KB, 461 views)
File Type: jpg vaqhl4.jpg (96.5 KB, 509 views)
File Type: jpg vaqhl5.jpg (97.9 KB, 501 views)

VBA Member # 02057

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by xlock; 05-24-2015 at 11:50 PM.