Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 10-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
I cant open the videos but have to agree with the Tony Blair statement.
Surprising how an old bike does not need an MOT but a newer bike does.
Where is the logic in that ?

I guess there is not much point in asking you if Enoch Powell was right ?

Part 1.As is normal in government decisions,there is no logic.This law comes into effect soon,that is all we are told.The thinking behind it,seems to be, that now the MOT and all its implications,are logged onto the government database,at the MOT station.That technology will cost the small local garage,more than the owners house is worth.Big business is fucking the little bloke in the arse,again.It wont be long before you have no choice,but to take your vehicle to an approved dealer.He WILL.as prescribed,rip the arse out of you,because you have nowhere else to go.
Meantime.Here is our old mate.The last true patriot.And probably the reason you,and many millions of other's.left this country.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #17
Top Contributor

I left because I got made redundant 3 times in the 70's.
Maggie Thatchers policies added fuel to the fire.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
I left because I got made redundant 3 times in the 70's.
Maggie Thatchers policies added fuel to the fire.

Whist i am sorry to see anyone have to leave their country.I doff my cap to them for seeking a better life elsewhere.Fair play to you.This country was on it's knees in the 1970's.Due to unions,demanding ridiculous things from the employer.Everyone thought they had a right to the job his father had.And that attitude of entitlement,crippled the economy.I did'nt sit & grizzle like a little girl,and DEMAND the government give me a job.I got of my arse,and went to Germany & Holland,where the work was. You did something similar.Long may you prosper in your adopted home mate.