Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Old 11-05-2015, 07:47 PM   #1

2016 Regional Rally

Riding season is just about over for the season here in the Northeast US / Eastern Canada, although Mother Nature has blessed at least some of the region with beautiful riding weather this week. Pretty amazing for the first week of November, but the clocks have rolled back now and the days are short. It won't be too long before the snow starts to fly and we bed down our bikes for another winter if we haven’t already. So in order to have something to look forward to, Norm, TC and I want to tell you a little bit about what we are planning for next year's regional rally.

Once more, we are looking to do a combined Northeast US / Eastern Canada rally. However, our 2016 regional rally will be held in Canada. We've been bouncing around several locations, but have not yet decided on a venue. Still looking at motels, good roads, things to see and do, and accessibility. We do have several good places in mind however.

Also once more, we will be planning a Tuesday through Thursday rally, with arrival on Monday and departure on Friday. We understand that that doesn't fit everyone's schedule, but it is the easiest to plan around, avoids the weekend tourist traffic, and is the most suitable for travel given the distances that some folks need to come.

And lastly, we are tentatively planning for either the first or second week of August, after the US Fourth of July vacation week and the Canadian Construction Holidays. The exact date will depend on whether the rally is in Ontario or Quebec, the first Monday in August being an Ontario holiday.

We'll be sure to update you as we continue to refine the plans, but be assured that we are looking at the prospect of another great regional rally and hope you will make every effort to attend.

Norm (cnc), Tim (TC) and Tom (Tomm)

Tom Maziarz (tomm)
VBA #00766
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Black)
1978 Suzuki GS750EC (My son is riding it now.)

2017: National Rally - Lake George, NY
2016: NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC
2015: National Rally - Eureka Springs, AR
2014: NE US / E Canada Rally - Lincoln, NH
2012: NE US / E Canada Rally - Wellsboro, PA

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-05-2015, 08:38 PM   #2

Can't wait for more info. Hope to do a two week trip with this rally and either go up thru the New England states or come back around that way. Planning has already started on a route just need to know where the rally will be.

DC

VBA/KawaNOW #01625
Christian Motorcyclists Assoc.
Wheels Of Destiny Chapter #735
PA Wilds NE/Eastern Canada regional rally July 2012
Eureka Springs National 2015
Rolling Thunder Washington DC 2016
NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC 2016
VRA Eastern National at Maggie Valley 2017
99 Nomad G1 gone but never forgotten traded 4/8/17 for a 2017 Indian Roadmaster

Old 11-09-2015, 10:11 PM   #3

We too are interested in attending and would probably return via the New England states. Eagerly awaiting more information!
2011 Rally in the Redwoods, CA
2013 National, Estes Park, CO
2013 SE Regional, Blairsville, GA
2014 NW Regional, Orifino, ID
2014 NC/SC Regional in the Ozarks, AR
2016 NC Regional, Hillsboro, WI
2016 E. Canada/NE Regional, Quebec
2017 National, Lake George, NY
2018 SC/NC, Custer, SD
2018 Antlers, OK

Old 11-17-2015, 06:24 PM   #4

Hi. I'm Mike. New here, and living in S. Portland, Maine.
Little sticker on my rear fender states: "This IS my car.", which is true. I ride all year. I'm new to Kawasaki, owning a 2004 1500 Classic for just about 2 months now, and have only accumulated a bit over 2,500 miles. It's taken some time to get used to a big heavy bike. However, it is one hell of a great ride.
If anyone in the group rides later into the year, or has some time to ride within the next few weeks, please feel free to contact me. I'm free most every day from 12:30 on and can generally get one of the weekend days open.
Clearly, I have a great deal to learn and will hope to lean upon and gather some helpful advice from you all.
And, I'm glad to learn that there will be a regional meeting. I look forward to attending.
So, hi to you all.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:19 PM   #5

Welcome Vulcan Mike,. I'm in Missouri so we won't be riding much together. But we should have some of our hardy souled northeast members popping in shortly.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 11-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #6

Hi Mike,
Welcome. Don't forget to introduce yourself under New Member Introductions.

Little tough riding in Maine during the winter, isn't it. Even if the snow and ice doesn't get you, the salt will do a job on all that shiny chrome.

You've come to the right place for plenty of great advice on these bikes. Lots of very knowledgeable folks here.

We should have more information available shortly on the upcoming regional rally. Will look forward to meeting then if not before. Think I'm done riding for the season, but maybe in the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan Mike View Post
Hi. I'm Mike. New here, and living in S. Portland, Maine.
Little sticker on my rear fender states: "This IS my car.", which is true. I ride all year. I'm new to Kawasaki, owning a 2004 1500 Classic for just about 2 months now, and have only accumulated a bit over 2,500 miles. It's taken some time to get used to a big heavy bike. However, it is one hell of a great ride.
If anyone in the group rides later into the year, or has some time to ride within the next few weeks, please feel free to contact me. I'm free most every day from 12:30 on and can generally get one of the weekend days open.
Clearly, I have a great deal to learn and will hope to lean upon and gather some helpful advice from you all.
And, I'm glad to learn that there will be a regional meeting. I look forward to attending.
So, hi to you all.

Tom Maziarz (tomm)
VBA #00766
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Black)
1978 Suzuki GS750EC (My son is riding it now.)

2017: National Rally - Lake George, NY
2016: NE US / E Canada Rally - Mont Tremblant, QC
2015: National Rally - Eureka Springs, AR
2014: NE US / E Canada Rally - Lincoln, NH
2012: NE US / E Canada Rally - Wellsboro, PA