Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Images & Video

Old 08-29-2019, 09:33 PM   #1

BaggerLESS Vaquero?

Had my bags off to get new tires. The structure to hold the bags is pretty ugly. Gotta run Bags.......wait. .....

Seemed a very simple block off panel -- of either sheetmetal or fiberglass-- might be cool and different.
You could leave the shock exposed or put a slight vertical body line to flare over the shock. Crease.
No need to remove bottom brackets. They don't look bad.
Or even have a "running board" their. I gave thought to the panel being L-shaped and including the running board but I think that would look pretty hokey. The completed panel can be accent painted or a pretty good space for graphics.

I packed so much stuff in my 2012 Vaquero bags but looks-wise I wish there was a way to extend them and give them a little more of a bagger look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2019-03-26-18-39-29.jpg (99.6 KB, 80 views)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-30-2019, 12:04 PM   #2

Well....a friend and I were pondering the idea converting a Nomad to a Drifter hybrid. Looked great! On the rear, we did a set of fender shirts like the 50s/60s cars....but bolted on with 4 bolts, painted the same as rear fender, made from 16 ga. sheet metal.
They blended in to the rear fender, on both sides and came down to the swingarm, fitting over the outside....
At the bottom it flaired out and covered some of the lower bag supports....and actually used the upper bag bolt locatons (insert nuts welded in so we used the upper bag mounts and stock bolts) and added 2 bolt holes to the round rubber grommet area of the lower bag frames with insert nuts welded into skirt....
Made 2 pr.... one for my friends bike and a set for my bike. My set got stolen (painted to match my custom flame job on my bike in case anyone ever sees them!) along $25K worth of shop tools when I was moving to the NW region....
But they looked damn good! Will have to remake them....
Fitup was really close and precise, actually looked like factory installed fender skirts....
Actually had 3 rolled radius ribs that matched the ribbing on the Nomads doors from the factory, the edge had a rolled bead around the edge, with the TIG welded brackets. Made it from 18 ga. sheetmetal so it wasn't all flapping around like a piece of light, flat sheetmetal....
Bike actually looked good without bags which was nice every once-in-a-while....
Was even running a Drifter front fender, with cutouts for BOTH disc brake calipers....
Had to make special front fender mount adaptors though....

Those skirts actually kept the mess contained when riding in the rain....the rear of the bike didn't like a mud blender after a rain storm....
Yes, they stayed in place when the bags were on....the bags actually helped hold them on thou they weren't necessary....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 08-30-2019 at 12:26 PM.