Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-03-2017, 08:35 PM   #1

2015 Vaquero and Cobra FI2000

Hey folks... understand all about Ivan's and when I grow up and can afford it IMIN So, has anyone tried the Cobra FI2000 92-1965B on a 2015 Vaquero? Apparently, according to Cobra, they were only good up until the 2014 year model. Is there a difference between the 92-1965B and the 92-1965AT? Any info is much appreciated and will be paid for in beers! Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Jofourn; 04-04-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:04 AM   #2

the 1965B model allows the user to make adjustments with a smart phone while the 1965AT still uses the three adjustment screws under a small cover on the back of the unit. that being said, if they claim to be self adjusting while riding, then why are they still manually adjustable?? also the 2015 and up use an oxygen sensor, so that will have to be disconnected and a bypass installed on the harness or you will get a red fuel light and a code on your led display. IVANS flash is by far the best way to go, however you will lose your warranty. a lot of people used the power commander V before ivans flash was available and had good results with that. I think I will try the dobeck ejk tunner this summer and use it until my warranty expires in 2019 then go with ivans after that.
grasshopper driver backrest
oem aux lights
ram mount for gps
freedom performance true duals
tank bra
saddle bag chaps
kuryakin longhorn cruise pedals
black isso grips
chucksters risers
k&n air filter
ivanized

VBA#03256

Old 04-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #3
Advanced Member

Cobra fuel processors are pretty cheap. I tried two of them on mine, the FI2000 and the powerpro auto tuner and they really did not do much to help the Vaquero. The power commander V is the best way to go if you can establish the right map and can still be a headache just trying to accomplish that. The absolute best way to go period is the Ivan flash. It wipes out all the factory restrictions on the ECU and he resets the ignition timing, (very important) and makes the motor run cooler (he also resets the cooling fan to come on at a lower temp) run stronger, better passing power, to name a few of the many gained benefits and well worth doing. I had him flash mine about almost exactly one year ago when he came on to the forum and my bike has been a real joy to ride ever since....really nice on those hotter summer temp days the cooler engine temps payoff. It also takes the throttle abruptness down when riding at slower speeds in lower gears (much smoother). And most of all, NO MORE BACKFIRES....just good smooth even cadence decel! GET IT DONE AND YOUR RUNNING PROBLEMS WILL BE HISTORY a one time thing end of story.
Chuckster's tear drop intake, Freedom true dual racing exhaust, Ivan flash, Clearview windscreen, Corbin gunfighter seat, Clockwerk's hugger style front fender, Kawasaki KQR backrest and luggage rack, kuryakyn iso grips and rear passenger boards, front highway pegs, revolutionspeed clutch and primary covers and reservoir and switch box covers and Kuryakyn skeleton rearview mirrors.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #4

If it were me, as someone who has wasted money in this area... My advice is to leave it stock until the Ivan's reflash is able to be bought. I've had 2 of these bikes now, first one I wrestled with using the Cobra, and eventually gave up. Just never ran right. The problem is the factory tuning is so whacked out that trying to patch over it I think is just a losing proposition. This new 2016 with Ivan's tune runs flawlessly. The whole thing ended up running me about $475 after a couple of overnight shipping(s)...

Old 04-06-2017, 12:50 PM   #5

Don't waste your money on a cobra fuel processor. Their junk IMHO......
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofourn View Post
Hey folks... understand all about Ivan's and when I grow up and can afford it IMIN So, has anyone tried the Cobra FI2000 92-1965B on a 2015 Vaquero? Apparently, according to Cobra, they were only good up until the 2014 year model. Is there a difference between the 92-1965B and the 92-1965AT? Any info is much appreciated and will be paid for in beers! Thanks.
Welcome to the Forum:
What others are saying is:
Sort version: Save the money you will waste on the Cobra, put it towards the IVAN'izing FUND.

Better bang for your money -->.<-- (Period)

Ride safe,
Smokier
2012 Victory Crossroads in Sunset Red "Ruby"

Previous Vulcans: '15 Vaquero, '12 Vaquero, '10 1700 Nomad, '04 1500 Classic, '01 1500 Classic, '88 Vulcan 750
VROC # 10967 | VBA # 3115

Old 04-09-2017, 02:03 AM   #7

Cobras and the others are fine on the early models, Ivan the later ones....MaKawa lost her weggie board when she did tne maps on the later one. Especially all the herky jerky crap at low speed....they musta been on a 4 day drunk when they mapped that....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Old 04-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #8

I'm full on with Ivan's reflash. If there's still someone out there who hasn't got the memo yet I've got a Power Commander V I'd sell very reasonable.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvernekaw View Post
I'm full on with Ivan's reflash. If there's still someone out there who hasn't got the memo yet I've got a Power Commander V I'd sell very reasonable.
Ditto here. Also have one of them POS Cobra's too.

Matt Cantin
Mound,MN

VBA #03074

@mdcantin

2013 Voyager Pearl Crystal White / Metallic Phantom Silver
Vance & Hines Twin Slash Cut
Ivan's Performance ECU flash
Kuryakyn Alley Cat Air
Metrix KVR Amplifier & Speakers
iPod Adapter Kit