Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 02-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC RED VAQ View Post
ZZ
I would still like a raw blank one available to let an indivdual fnish as they like and maybe help cut cost. Im not a big fan of bio or skulls but to each their own there are others out there to buy. Or try to build your own the way you want it like your doing and a good job your doing want to see the end product for sure good luck.
I would be open to selling a few blank ones. I have the template and few blank ones laying in the garage right now from when I was trying to get the size and dimensions squared away. If I knew there were enough folks interested in the biohazard or in a blank, I would consider selling a few if them.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #32

It may behoove you to keep the bio hazard symbol to yourself if that's your personal thing. I made two of my side cover (so I could put one on the bike and experiment with finishes and lighting on the spare), but to keep mine one of a kind I won't sell an exact duplicate. - That's always a decision to make.

In my case though, it's also a logo I designed, and I want to keep it to myself. So it may be a moot point
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 02-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZVaquero View Post
I don't have one... I am building by hand, but the design I need cut is just too intricate. Going to have that cut out.... I didn't want to because it is more than doubling my cost now!
Have the whole thing cut on a waterjet. The waterjet will do the bolt holes and all. If it's going to cost you extra money, you'd might as well make it do more of the work FOR you too. BTW, waterjet could cut your plexi/lexan too.
formerly 2005 Nomad - black/silver

Old 02-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #34

I told myself that I was building this by myself, without any specialty help such as a CNC etc... So I am already disappointed that I am using a waterjet for the design, but to be happy with the final product, it had to be done.

That being said, I have enough tools at home that this is coming along super nicely and in my opinion looks badass!

Last edited by ZZVaquero; 02-10-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #35

Sounds great can't wait to see it finished.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 02-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #36

side cover

thunder mfg makes a nice side cover however it is smaller. it ads to those big jugs!

Old 02-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #37

Just waiting on the waterjet guy to call me and say he has time to get this done...
I went ahead and mocked it up and bought the appropriate spacers and bolts. So here is a preview. It will be slightly thicker due to the a Clear acrylic which will be behind the finished product.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #38

I have a few of my blanks leftover, that I am considering selling... Anybody interested? They look just like the picture a few posts ago. I am thinking they are worth about $50 plus shipping. They are leftovers from me fitting the new side cover. Just blanks for those who want to have their own design or paint.

Who is interested.... Send me a message or post here. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #39

Well folks, here is a long awaited update...

Due to a terminal illness in the family I was offline for a couple of weeks. I have now had a chance to complete some additional work on the project, and am satisfied with the results thus far. I have elected to use a piece of Lexan between two sheets of 16ga steel. The plexiglass was giving me issues, and the Lexan has solved that due to a drastically increased strength factor.

If you look closely at the pictures you will see a small tab on the rear plate. That is where LEDs will be mounted. They can be a strip or flush mount variety, either would work. The Lexan is going to be bead blasted on the front so that it will have a fiber-optic appearance when the LEDs are on. I then plan to use vinyl with a symbol cut out of it over the Lexan so that only the symbol has the red fiber-optic appearance. The metal will be powder coated black.

It seems to be a very strong piece and should easily withstand the rigors of riding and it's location. Here are some pictures...

So what do you folks think? Also I have a handful of steel blanks leftover if anybody is interested. You could cut them out or powdercoat them anyway you want.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #40

Nice!

Gene Chestnut
Dover, DE
USAF 1968-1995
VBA#01761
2007 Nomad 1600
Black and Titanium