Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 01-08-2019, 08:01 AM   #31
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
I can't believe that a "biker" would actually threaten another biker for doing something legal........

You jumped to a conclusion,sir. I was saying that I would be the guy hauling a 2x4 sticking out the corner of my truck bed while in my lane that some idiot lane splitting would pass at 90 mph and knock his head off and people would blame me. Boy, talking about jumping to conclusion....Just saying. And mick56, drink a bottle and chill, bloke.

Patriot Guard Riders
Sons Of Liberty Riders Alabama Road Captain
2015 Voyager
2003 1500 NOMAD FI sold 6/19
VBA #2993
RUSSELL DAYLONG SEATS ROCK!!
DAMMIT TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "DAMMIT" at the top of your lungs

There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.

SO MANY ROADS,
SO LITTLE TIME.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by Chuck A.; 01-08-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:09 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A. View Post
You jumped to a conclusion,sir. I was saying that I would be the guy hauling a 2x4 sticking out the corner of my truck bed while in my lane that some idiot lane splitting would pass at 90 mph and knock his head off and people would blame me. Boy, talking about jumping to conclusion....Just saying. And mick56, drink a bottle and chill, bloke.
Doing just that at the moment mate.And here is what you actually said."No, I don't live in a state with legal lane splitting laws. If I did, I would have a piece of 2x4 hanging out the corner of my truck bed at helmet height,,,,,, just saying." Your intention sounds pretty clear to me.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #33
Advanced Member

Yep, makes me a killer. Bring on the hangman. Also live in a state with open carry gun laws but I havent killed anybody yet.

I know what I wrote but did I say anything about trying to kill someone? You folks are great. .... means fill in the lines. Read it as you will. Great job! Oh and no I am not a biker, just a man who loves to ride. Bikers are a attitude. See some have one. Yep and I have seen what the 2x4 does when the idiot found it with the chin. Seen it from 4 cars back.

Patriot Guard Riders
2015 Voyager
VBA #2993
DAMMIT TOOL:
Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling "DAMMIT" at the top of your lungs

There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.

SO MANY ROADS,
SO LITTLE TIME.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:28 AM   #34
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck A. View Post
Ya right. I don't know how they haul lumber down in Alabama but 2x4's hang over the tail gate and not over the sides where I haul them. What you said was a complete and total threat. Don't try to wishy wash it now as I didn't mean that.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 01-08-2019, 10:33 AM   #35
Advanced Member

What ever! Tissue anyone😪?

Patriot Guard Riders
2015 Voyager
VBA #2993
DAMMIT TOOL:

SO MANY ROADS,
SO LITTLE TIME.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 01-08-2019, 01:40 PM   #36

As I stated earlier about getting pissed off would mainly be from be startled by someone flying by if I didn't see them coming. Everyone has their opinion, I still don't think it should be allowed for common sense reasons.

Old 01-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #37
Advanced Member

I’m not sucidal yet. All it takes is one idiot to open his door.
12" mini apes
Galfer lines (6' over)
EJK Dobeck
Reckless Fairing.
Led H4 headlight
All LED lights
Rockford Fosgate radio

Old 01-08-2019, 06:11 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jllm02199 View Post
I’m not sucidal yet. All it takes is one idiot to open his door.
Then educate the idiots who think it's ok to do that.Make them understand,the stupidity of their behaviour.We all know that we need to be aware as we ride.The people in the cars need to be given a shock,( as do some wankers on bikes).Whether it be from the law,or from some other source,i dont know.I have said before,all is good in every other country.America just seem's to have more than it's share of pig headed arseholes.Why that is,i dont know.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:29 PM   #39
Top Contributor

Lane splitting is not legal in Ontario. The only time that was an inconvenience was when I was stuck on the motorway because of an accident. It was 95 degrees and I had all the gear on. I stuck it out for almost an hour hardly moving and when an off ramp came up I rode the last 500 yards to get off the motorway on the hard shoulder much to the annoyance of car drivers who were honking their horns at me in their air conditioned cars. Meanwhile I was baking in biker gear with no water or means to keep cool. Some people do not want to be passed no matter what the reason.

Old 01-08-2019, 06:30 PM   #40

Hi all.
What oil do you use????
pour it on this conversation!!!!

Mark
Cadmad / K&N + original intact
Progresive 412HD / Front springs also
Darkside rear tire 36psi 195/55/16
Towbar/ classic trailer
Penrite HPR15 diesel oil
Led lights front and back

Old 01-08-2019, 06:45 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjay View Post
Lane splitting is not legal in Ontario. The only time that was an inconvenience was when I was stuck on the motorway because of an accident. It was 95 degrees and I had all the gear on. I stuck it out for almost an hour hardly moving and when an off ramp came up I rode the last 500 yards to get off the motorway on the hard shoulder much to the annoyance of car drivers who were honking their horns at me in their air conditioned cars. Meanwhile I was baking in biker gear with no water or means to keep cool. Some people do not want to be passed no matter what the reason.
You have ridden in England mate,so you know how it works.People just get along the best they can,If you see,or hear a bike coming,and you have the room to help him out,you will.All this crap about some bloke getting in front,and pissing people off is bullshit.Some Americans sound like little kids,who cant bare someone using their intelligence to get in front.Fucking sad bunch of bastards,seriously.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:07 PM   #42

So next time that Mick is in line getting his favorite drink it is okay to get in front of him...and bring your friends, he wont mind at all

Old 01-08-2019, 07:14 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldhthept View Post
So next time that Mick is in line getting his favorite drink it is okay to get in front of him...and bring your friends, he wont mind at all
I dont need to stand in line for anything.I done all that when i was wet behind the ear's.Make your point while you got the opportunity son.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:53 PM   #44
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick56 View Post
I dont need to stand in line for anything.I done all that when i was wet behind the ear's.Make your point while you got the opportunity son.
If you cut in front of me Mick I don't mind at all. I'm a biker.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 01-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
If you cut in front of me Mick I don't mind at all. I'm a biker.
I thank you kindly mate.But i would'nt cut in front of anyone.I would weigh up the situation,and if i was confident that we both knew what was going on.I would pass you.I have no doubt,you would do the same for me.