Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 06:45 AM   #31
Advanced Member

You don't really think this is the first time a creep like this has beat somebody out of their money do you? This time it may "only" be $127, but how many others and for how much. He needs to be held accountable, not let off the hook. The forum should pass on the OP's complaint and if no response, the OP should pursue every channel he can to resolve this. To bad if it causes problems for the thief.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-15-2017, 06:50 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortuga View Post
You don't really think this is the first time a creep like this has beat somebody out of their money do you? This time it may "only" be $127, but how many others and for how much. He needs to be held accountable, not let off the hook. The forum should pass on the OP's complaint and if no response, the OP should pursue every channel he can to resolve this. To bad if it causes problems for the thief.
Agree
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 05-15-2017, 08:46 AM   #33

I agree with Tortuga as well.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:33 AM   #34

Everyone calm down.

Go back to the classifieds and read rule number 6.

While this guy may be a massive POS, the truth is that Johnny screwed the pooch.

Johnny YOU violated rule #6 and got burned.

Please be very careful about making any accusations about someone whether true or not.

Not only could you get yourself into a lot of hot water, but you could drag the VBA into it.

Is it worth going after someone's livelihood over a used piece of junk like a hypercharger?

Are you willing to risk getting sued over $127?

Do you have a written and signed agreement stating that he was going to pay you ?

It sounds like a lesson has been learned.
VBA 936

Old 05-15-2017, 11:00 AM   #35
Advanced Member

So, VB won't even ask the guy for his side of the story and making a verbal deal and trusting the guy, notwithstanding Rule 6, and getting screwed is okay? Yes, I probably wouldn't have sent the "piece of junk" (one man's trash is another man's treasure), but likewise, there's a risk on the other side of a transaction: how does a buyer know that he/she will get their purchase. I think it's very wrong for the forum to not at least quiz the guy in AK and, if he should respond, publish it. To do anything less is just not right.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-15-2017, 11:02 AM   #36

....consider himself lucky, that this isn't a bike club....

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Old 05-15-2017, 11:33 AM   #37

Looks like some on here don't get it. Theft is theft, no matter the amount. There is a saying around my area that goes: If you will steal, then you'll lie and if you lie, you'll steal. Just my 2 cents.
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga

Old 05-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS Tequila View Post
Everyone calm down.

Go back to the classifieds and read rule number 6.

While this guy may be a massive POS, the truth is that Johnny screwed the pooch.

Johnny YOU violated rule #6 and got burned.

Please be very careful about making any accusations about someone whether true or not.

Not only could you get yourself into a lot of hot water, but you could drag the VBA into it.

Is it worth going after someone's livelihood over a used piece of junk like a hypercharger?

Are you willing to risk getting sued over $127?

Do you have a written and signed agreement stating that he was going to pay you ?

It sounds like a lesson has been learned.
Your right, I should have gotten payment first. I do have an email from him stating he received it & would send payment.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:08 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by degreaser View Post
that's a good idea Chris, what do u think of the idea we all chip in a small contribution to Johnny, if we all chip in a little bit to him it won't be that bad out of our pockets, let's say 7 contribute $15.00 usd each, I am willing to give $15 for this, Johnny post your paypal email address if you agree that we can all donate that wee bit to help out
I appreciate the thought guys. But I will admit that $127.00 isn't going to break me. That money would only have gone into accessories for my current bike, not food or bills. I'm 1/2 Italian, 1/2 Sicilian. Anyone here who knows those ethnic groups knows how they respond to being ripped off.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #40

Quote:
I think it's very wrong for the forum to not at least quiz the guy in AK and, if he should respond, publish it. To do anything less is just not right.
Are you assuming that I haven't?
I have sent him both an email and a PM.
If he replies, we'll go from there.

Dave Jesse
2012 1700 Gray/Black Voyager
2006 1600 Nomad Green/Silver Sold
VBA #1108

2010- Eureka Springs - Antlers - 2011- Maggie Valley - Antlers
2012- Margaritaville Ride - Van Buren - Antlers - 2013- Estes Park - Antlers
2014- Mountain View - Antlers - 2015- Eureka Springs - Antlers
2016- Salem - Antlers - 2017- Eureka Springs - Lake George - Antlers - 2018- Custer - Antlers

Old 05-15-2017, 02:58 PM   #41
Advanced Member

Then you might have said so rather than not.

Old 05-15-2017, 03:30 PM   #42
Top Contributor

I agree that the OP should get his money. I agree that the buyer should be banned from VBA. I agree that a mad email isn't necessarily out of place and I agree that what the buyer did was bad but how does that give us the right to be judge, jury and executioner?

OP, we'll get you your money. WE shouldn't have to do that but most of us have been ripped off before and understand how that makes you feel and you deserve your money. Let it go. The forum now knows not to do business with this guy. degreaser has a great idea to get your money to you. The rest is vengeance.

Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord. --- Romans 12:19
Patriot Guard Rider
USArmy 1987-1990
2021 Can Am Spyder RT

2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - SOLD
2014 Nomad - SOLD
2012 Victory Vision - SOLD
2007 Black Nomad - SOLD
VMC #9367
VBA #1860

Old 05-15-2017, 04:13 PM   #43
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
So, VB won't even ask the guy for his side of the story and making a verbal deal and trusting the guy, notwithstanding Rule 6, and getting screwed is okay? Yes, I probably wouldn't have sent the "piece of junk" (one man's trash is another man's treasure), but likewise, there's a risk on the other side of a transaction: how does a buyer know that he/she will get their purchase. I think it's very wrong for the forum to not at least quiz the guy in AK and, if he should respond, publish it. To do anything less is just not right.
It's not the VBA's problem. Items are bought and sold at your own risk. The buyer and seller made an agreement between themselves. It doesn't involve the VBA, nor should the VBA get involved. The seller's fault is he trusted a short time member and sent the item before payment was received. The buyer's fault is he apparently has not paid for the item. It's possible the buyer knows that because he is in Alaska there's not much anyone can do about it. In any case, the buyer and seller either need to work this out or the seller writes off $127 as a life lesson earned.

When I was an officer of KawaNOW (now the VBA), I was in charge of the classified ads, so I have some insight here.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #44
Top Contributor

When I got ripped off I eventually wrote it off to experience and wont ship anything to anyone again without payment first. I had experienced many successful transactions on the forum before getting ripped off. Lesson learned.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:25 PM   #45

A low life lair and thief is and always will be a lair and thief. Turning the other cheek provides these dishonorable people a new target. Should this 'Public Servant' lose his job then so be it. My self......I don't want to HAVE A PERSON OF HIS CHARACTER on my pay-roll. How much is he stilling from his employer. Just me and how I live.

2003 Nomad; Bat wing w/stereo, gauges, BUB exhaust, trl hitch.
1995 Vulcan 500, wife's bike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3266.jpg (96.7 KB, 19 views)

Closed Thread