Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthWest Group

Old 05-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Mega-Contributor

Ride to Jerome/Sedona

I am riding to Jerome (and possibly Sedona and Flagstaff) with a group from work this Saturday, May 18. We are meeting at the Circle K on the south west corner of 23rd Ave. and Deer Valley at 8am. We plan to stop for breakfast in Rock Springs, then ride to Prescott, then across Chino Valley and over Mingus Mountain (lots of twisties) to Jerome, which is a really cool mining town. Then we will likely go north to Sedona and through Oak Creek Canyon to Flagstaff. This is some of the best riding in AZ, ladies and gentlemen. Most likely, it will be a full day ride.

Anyone wanting to experience some of the best riding AZ has to offer is welcome to join in. This group is mostly Harleys, but they are all great IT guys and experienced riders.

Anyone coming from the East Valley can hook up with us and ride to the Circle K as a group. Just let me know and I'll tell you where to meet us.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Mega-Contributor

For the local members who didn't go on this ride yesterday, here's what you missed:

Saw this homebuilt monstrosity in Jerome, parked in front of the Spirit Room Bar.

The ride was great! The weather was terrific! Our group met up in N Phoenix and we rode to Rock Springs for a breakfast at the Rock Springs Cafe. Then we continued up I-17 to AZ-69 and rode to Prescott Valley, where we cut across town to pick up US-89A N over Mingus Mtn (always a good ride) to the old mining town of Jerome. There was some festival going on there and traffic and parking was a nightmare. Some of us headed for the bar and others went shopping in the many oddball shops in town. Then we continued on 89A through Clarkdale to Cottonwood, then on to Sedona. Weekend traffic in Sedona is always nasty and someone had the bright idea to eat a late lunch there. Premium prices for middle of the road Mexican food. I would have preferred just cruising through Sedona and on to Flagstaff to eat. Anyway, we ate and then decided to head back to the Valley since it was now late afternoon. We took AZ-179 E to I-17. I had never been on this road before, and there were probably a dozen roundabouts in 10 miles. Whoever invented those should be shot.

We stopped in Cordes Lakes for gas and then continued S to the Valley. One of the riders in our group was on a Sportster and can only go about 70 miles between gas stops. Useless bike for anything other than around town.

Total mileage was 300+ and everyone made it home safely.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 05-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
Sr. Contributor

I had an appointment in the morning for a warranty repair on the bike and a first service on the new Passat we got last month in the afternoon, so I was busy.
BMWMOA 162849
BMWRA 41335

BMW: When you care enough to ride the very best.

My Motorrad Blog
My Motorrad YouTube

2009 BMW R1200RT

Previous bikes:2007 Nomad | 2001 Vulcan 800 Classic | 1984 GPz750 | 1978 KZ1000A2

Rallies: Custer '09|Prairie Du Chien '10|Crescent City '11

Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Riding with that "sporty" would have worn thin on me! Glad you had a good ride! This is one of the first weekends I hardly road at all.

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 05-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #5
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowndodge View Post
Riding with that "sporty" would have worn thin on me! Glad you had a good ride! This is one of the first weekends I hardly road at all.
Only because he would be stopping for you.
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Login or Register to Remove Ads