Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 10-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #1

Ya'll sure are quiet

Guess everyone is busy. No news is sometimes good. No drama?
My drama is the truck broke down and I'm forced to ride my bike all weekend.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-25-2008, 07:44 AM   #2

Ya'll sure are quiet

I'am with you Skeeter where is everyone??

Old 10-25-2008, 08:51 AM   #3

Ya'll sure are quiet

Getting my ducks in a row for next weekend's ride to Talimena. Lucille got a new front tire mounted on Wednesday, Oil change coming up on my next off day Friday then leave out Saturday morning bright and early.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #4

Ya'll sure are quiet

We just havn't been doing any riding. Liz's dad came down with double pheunomia and all of our spare time has been spent at his farm getting the winter fire wood supply cut, split and put in the wood shed. He uses about 4 cords of wood over the winter. We hopefully will be done tomorrow but then we will still need to cut green wood for next winter but it will not have to be a rush job. We can do it over winter a little at a time. Also the cows are caving so we have to keep an eye on them and keep the 3 acre yard mowed. And of course take care of things at home. I got the trim on my house all painted and bad spots primed but just can't get the finish painting done. And now my doctor says I can't stand on a ladder at least for the next 3 weeks as I am having foot problems. So I am thinking I will have to hire someone to finish painting the house. Oh well, no rest for the wicked, right.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
Advanced Member

Ya'll sure are quiet

Just been busy between work and work around house plus throw in some riding and there is no time left for just sittin in front of a computer.LOL

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #6

Ya'll sure are quiet

Got out Early this morning. Left out before 7am and headed to Dripping Springs. Oil service and look at bikes. Twas a bit nippy. I quit thinking about stopping and putting on chaps twenty minutes after the Sun came up. That was near Johnson City. What's with 290? They have the outside Westbound lane blocked off for mile after mile for no apparent reason. It was a beautiful cool clear crisp morning. Hardly any traffic my side. It was all going the other way. Made it to Texas Powersports before 9am and waited with a few others. I had intended on breakfast at the Nutty Brown Cafe and made the Walk to get there only to find they don't open til 11am. The walk back was longer on an empty stomach. Bike was ready by the time I got back. I asked Glen about when we might see a voyager and He said maybe June at the earliest. More like 2010. Don't hold your breath.
Took a Park rd over to Perdenales State Park and took 2766 back to Johnson City. Lo and behold as I came in to JC I saw a NOMAD pass on 290. Caught him briefly at the light and chatted a bit more near Lukenbach where he was headed. AggieNomad is what I heard. KawaNOW member from Bryan Tx. It was nice to meet up with another member. You don't look 61 and surely that was your daughter with you . Lot of activity Fredericksburg way. Bike show in Lukenbach, Gun show at the Fairgrounds and They were giving rides in an old T6 at the airport. I'll have to save up for that one. In the meantime I'll keep flyin low. Beautiful day.

Robert(skeeter)Dozier
07 Red&Titanium Nomad
81 Suzuki 850GL
KawaNow pre#

Old 10-25-2008, 08:30 PM   #7

Ya'll sure are quiet

Real cold here this morning 38 degrees. I did get out for about an hour ride this afternoon. The temp said 62, but it sure didn't feel like it. The wind was rather chilly. They say tomorrow will be better. I hope it warms up again, I'm not ready to stop riding yet this year.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Ya'll sure are quiet

Sorry All.... GUILTY as Charged!!!

I've been busy as all get out lately....job interviews and such!! Not to mention, I have a cousin-n-law here from Germany for 3 weeks. She's a lot of fun, but speaks next to NO english...so it's been amusing to say the least!!

Hopefully I'll be able to get some riding in before long!

Old 10-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #9

Ya'll sure are quiet

Damm Matt it is good to hear from you I thought we had lost you. Have you had any luck with your interviews?

Old 10-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #10

Ya'll sure are quiet

Had a great little ride this weekend. Keep running into other Nomads, but they don't know about us :'(. This cannot go unpunished! Hi, ya'll. Formerly paul here. There sure are some nice scoots on this site. Ya'll are gonna make me spend my money.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:28 PM   #11

Ya'll sure are quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers
Damm Matt it is good to hear from you I thought we had lost you. Have you had any luck with your interviews?
Nope...can't get rid of me that easy!!! I'm like foot fungus!! LOL! (I'm sure that'll get a few responses!! LOL)

So far...So Good. I'm waiting to hear back soon from the local PD I applied to. I've been through 4 interviews with them already...passed all their tests and polygraphs, etc. From what the Lieutenant has said, I'm all good except signatures and an official offer, but like I said...hope it comes this week. I'll keep ya updated. In the mean time, keep your fingers crossed for me! LOL!

Old 10-28-2008, 07:13 AM   #12

Ya'll sure are quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussMatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers
So far...So Good. I'm waiting to hear back soon from the local PD I applied to. I've been through 4 interviews with them already...passed all their tests and polygraphs, etc. From what the Lieutenant has said, I'm all good except signatures and an official offer, but like I said...hope it comes this week. I'll keep ya updated. In the mean time, keep your fingers crossed for me! LOL!
YAY! we can speed in Richmond!, but I still can't see issuing a sidearm to a fungus (there...that's #1)

Old 10-28-2008, 03:35 PM   #13

Ya'll sure are quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesth
YAY! we can speed in Richmond!, but I still can't see issuing a sidearm to a fungus (there...that's #1)
They might issue a fungi a weapon, but make him keep his one bullet in his shirt pocket. . . Good luck Deputy Fife. . . err I mean Matt ;)

Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #14

Ya'll sure are quiet

Thanks Guys!!! With friends like y'all...who needs enima's....I mean enemies!!! LOL!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #15

Ya'll sure are quiet

Maybe they will let you be the motor patrol