Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthCentral Group

Old 10-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #61

Lone Star Rally

My brother was on the strand yesterday and said it was a hell of a mess. If the rally is a go they got a lot of work ahead of them. If yall do a get togeather make sure to let me know.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #62

Lone Star Rally

If you guys have some kind of ride and post and time and place to meet, Juss Matt, this "Yankee" might even show up.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:01 AM   #63

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Lone Star Rally

Hey Guys & Gals....sorry.... been off for a few days. I don't know if I'll be able to attend our "Mini LSR" due to family constraints, but I'll help set up one.

I know that Galveston is in shambles...still...and as I've said before (and a couple of other people too) I highly doubt the LSR will be enjoyable this year since there's NO place to ride. For those who haven't been to Galveston or experienced I45 w/ bumper to bumper traffic... trust me when I tell you it's NO fun. I45 has been getting backed up from people heading to the beach for years!!! And that was with other roads still an option for people to get in and out of the Island. NOW that I45 is the ONLY true way in and out....it's going to be a parking lot. And that's just GETTING there....... so IMHO, I think a separate "Mini LSR" is a good option.

You've got a couple of places to meet, all those places have great riding areas in their surrounding areas.

Thirsty Parrot - http://www.thethirstyparrot.com/
Chapel Chill - http://www.ridethechill.com/Location.htm
Yankee Tavern - http://yankeestavern.com/wordpress/?page_id=22

Yall take a look and let me know what you think about these and I'll see what ride maps I can get going. I've been to Chapel Chill & Thirsty Parrot, so I know riding areas for those, but I know Mike has been to Yankees so I'm sure he can input so good riding area with that one. Anyway..... Y'all tell me what ya think and I'll see about getting something started.....

Later Folks!

Old 10-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #64

Lone Star Rally

I guess that's Matt's way of saying he's PW. Ha

Old 10-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #65

Lone Star Rally

I live in the Woodlands, not far from 2978. Been to yankees, not the others. Would love a chance to meet and ride w/ some of my fellow "Nomads". I'll stay close and whatever the others decide, I'm game. Some great day riding from the National forest to Brenham and beyond.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-17-2008, 11:31 PM   #66

Send a message via Yahoo to jussmatt
Lone Star Rally

Hey Guys/Gals.... I heard on the radio today that they've officially pushed the LSR back to Dec 11-14th.

Who knows....Galveston just MIGHT be ready by then!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 04:44 AM   #67

Lone Star Rally

"Spork" Joe Sharp is working up a Talimena run leaving Houston Saturday Nov 1 returning Nov 3rd. Riding to Broken Bow, OK. and basing there for riding the 2nd day. Unless my dear wife changes her mind, I'm going to make that trip. Hopefully there'll be some fall color still left by then.

Planning on lunch Saturday in Jefferson. Maybe some of our East Texas Nomad kinfolk would like to meet up? Just a thought.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:35 AM   #68

Lone Star Rally

I will be there on the 25th and 26th. Leaving my house on Sat and staying the night in Mena and coming back home Sun morning.

Bob

Old 10-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #69

Lone Star Rally

LW, let us know when and where you think you will be having lunch and an approximate time.

Old 10-20-2008, 10:16 PM   #70

Lone Star Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by "CHAINSAW"
LW, let us know when and where you think you will be having lunch and an approximate time.
Copied from GCVROC Group on Yahoo:

Ok, I have some responses and the Fall Foliage tour 2008 is set to depart Saturday, November 1, 2008 and we will return Monday, November 3, 2008.

We will ride to Broken Bow on Saturday and depart from 1221 Ivy Ave., Deer Park, Texas at 0800. Plan will be to go about 100 miles and fill-up. I will be doing mostly speed limits since I care not to get a prize award from the fine Troopers that will be enjoying the weather.

We will stop for lunch in Jefferson, Texas at the Hamburger Store. This will be about 1:30pm so I recommend a snack at the first stop.

I had intended to take us out 87 most of the way but since it is getting darker sooner I think it would be safer to just take 59 to Jefferson. We will stay in Broken Bow Saturday and Sunday at a Motel there. Then, after breakfast, we will hit the trail back to Houston on Monday.

FYI - Mileage to Jefferson - 247miles.
Mileage from Houston to Broken Bow - 360 miles.

This will not be a bun burner and everyone is welcome to join in.

Let me know if you have any questions. I hope that some of you can make it. It should be a BLAST!

Joseph "Spork" Sharp
VROC #5272
GCVROC #1
VO #5
KawaNOW #00044
Deer Park, Texas

Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #71

Lone Star Rally

sounds like fun, might have to check the work schedule

Old 10-30-2008, 08:39 AM   #72

Lone Star Rally

10/9/2008
WE WILL MOVE FORWARD IN GALVESTON WITH THE LONESTAR RALLY
WITH NEW DATES

DECEMBER 11 - 14

Dear Riders,

It is unfortunate and beyond my control that I inform you that the dates of the Lone Star Rally must be changed to Dec 11-14th. We were contacted by City officals today and told that, in spite of great effort on their part, downtown will not be ready in time for the regulary scheduled dates. We are sorry for the inconvience but it is agreed by all that safety is our first and foremost concern and after touring the property with City officals yesterday it was agreed that it would not be up to our standards for presentation to our community in time. We hope you'll understand and adjust your plans accordingly. This hurricane effected everyone. Perhaps its best we give everyone a few more weeks to get back on their feet.

Yours in Success,
Ron Limbock
President- Lone Star Rally, Inc.

Please be patient with lodging as all are working on being operational ASAP