Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > SouthWest Group

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2014, 01:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunrider View Post
My first rally was the National in Custer. I had joined KawaNOW the year before when there were just a few over 400 members. If I remember right, there were over 50 Nomads at the Bavarian Inn. Seeing that many Nomads in one place was both a rarity and a treat. Down here, I'd be lucky to see another one besides mine every couple of months. Riding all the way up to Custer and meeting Trip, Larry, Gene, Brad, Scott, Daryl, and so many others on the way up was a privilege and I will always hold those fond memories very close. I don't post very much but I manage to get on here every few days and can't help but notice how much things have changed. So many, including myself, have changed brands and several aren't here anymore. But it's always good to meet up with the old lifelong friends I've made here. We need to continue meeting while we are still able to throw a leg over and ride.
I agree Mitch. I joined when KawaNOW was just a couple of months old and attended rallys in Mesquite '08, Custer '09, and Cortez '10. My career situation changed to where I've had to travel way more than my liking for work, and I have hardly had anytime to ride. Still have he green machine, but it's probably seen less than 1,000 miles in the last three years. Pretty sad.
I do value the friendships I've made here, and while I seldom post, I do lurk and usually check the forum every other day or so.
Those who remember, Scott was the SW regional Leader until he changed brands, and then Trip asked me to serve in his place, and I asked Jared to be assistant regional leader. Then in 2010 when my travel schedule got really crazy, I simply couldn't provide what's required for the role, and Joel stepped up. Great job man, now take a break.
I may not ever make another rally (I might, one never knows what the future holds), but I do hope to stay connected.
Be safe guys, don't sweat the small stuff. Hope to see some of you in person again soon.

Audiogooroo - Daryl Porter
Colorado Springs, CO
VBA #248
VROC #17261
1999 Grn/Grn Nomad