Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #16
Advanced Member

Windshields & Fairings

If I had your money BD I'd buy one of each!! I was contemplating putting a Road Glide fairing on my 06 until I took the Old Lady for a ride on the Road Glide - she hated the fairng ( both looks and function!) I have to agree with her, the wind appears to converge right in between the passenger & rider. If you lean back in seat the back of your helmet is buffeted. I can only imagine that on our longer Nomads the buffeting would probably be right in your face or slightly back? She doesn't have anything bad to say about the Premuix set up however. I am using the 10" windshield now, I had the 12" but didn't like looking thru the top of it! The only buffeting I ever got was when I took of the stock lowers, with both stock windshield & also batwing the wind coming up and under the front was greatly increased. I know on my Drifter that when I put the Rifle windshield the buffeting was unbearable until I put the lowers on - then nothing!

Login or Register to Remove Ads