Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 08-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #46
Sr. Contributor

darkside moron

There should be no need to modify anything. The hard part is finding some one to swap off the old tire for the new..

You should consider dropping the swing arm for lube and checking the U joint, checking and lubing every thing.

Once that is done and the tire is mounted on the wheel, you let all the air out, but may leave the valve in the stem, just so long as the tire is softer with no air helps get it to fit around the gear box and swing arm.

When I do this I sit on the floor with the tire under the bike and use my legs to lift the wheel with the tire on.. When I get it to where it needs to aline I pull the wheel in and turn it.

Before i do any of that I make sure the tranny is in 1st gear, so the gear box can't turn.

The rear wheel has 2 spacers.. A really long one for the left side (as seated) and a short one for the other side.

Most of the time I do this alone, and so place in the axel bolt flush with the gear box.

Once the bolt is stared in the wheel I get on my feet and push the bolt turning it by hand into the wheel deeper, trying to stop at flush again on the right. Then the next spacer goes on, and the brake caliper holder as well. Stuff the bolt thru the rest of the way and start the nut just loose.

There is nothing to cut off in steel, or plastic.. No mods..

06 1600 Nomad
Just call me Mac
molon labe come and get it

Login or Register to Remove Ads