Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1500 & 1600 Nomad

Old 03-13-2008, 09:10 PM   #1

To Dyno or not

As I have stated before my bike pings real bad its an 06. I have thought about the resistor mod, still undecided. I like the idea of it and the cost factor is great and its easy to do. It seems every time I do something cheap and easy it comes back to bite me in the ass, if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any. I talked to a performance shop today to get there take on my options. He seems like a decent guy seems to know what he's talking about. First he said that he never seen a 1600 ping he has worked on them before he also said that he wants to drive it first before doing anything, that makes sense to me. I assured him that I could introduce him to one that does ping. He said as I already new that if I wanted to change exhaust it would be the time to do it when its dyno'd no sense in paying twice. Makes sense to me. I still am not sure if I want a louder exhaust or not, I like the idea of being able to talk to my passenger when traveling with out an intercom. Although I've not done it yet I wonder if load pipes would get annoying after hours in the saddle. I don't like to ride behind some of my riding buddies and listen to there load exhaust all day long. I really like my bike just how it is but the pinging has got to go one way or another. He recommended a power commander, from reading on hear that seems to be the consensus of most also. I forgot to ask him today about just adjusting the TPS. I asked him about price he told me dyno costs $60.00 custom mapping cost $270.00 and power commander $285.00. I have no idea what this type of service usually costs. What have some of yous paid ? I would also like it set up to run regular gas. If I'm going to pay $600.+ I at least want to be able to save enough for a drink at each fill up. Any suggestions ? I have no problem with spending the money for the repair If its the best permanent solution. I'm content with performance I get now I'm not looking for more if it happens, great but if it doesn't that alright also. I'm not rich $600. is alot of money but I want to get this fixed once and for all so I can just go on enjoying my Nomad and put this pinging sh*t behind me.

Login or Register to Remove Ads