Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #1

Sturgis KY

Headed for Sturgis KY Friday, wondering if anyone else was going?? Very interesting Bike Rally!!!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-13-2008, 07:17 AM   #2

Sturgis KY

please take lots of pics and try not to spend too much on beads and booze :)

Old 07-13-2008, 10:55 AM   #3

Sturgis KY

Flash what time will you be comeing by here there are 7 of us meeting at the first rest area in Tennessee I will be leaveing Sardis at about 6:00 am come join us.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:04 PM   #4

Sturgis KY

It will be about 7 of us also. We will leave Kosciusko early, head up the Trace to Tupelo, go through Shiloh National Park and then straight through the whole state of Tn. Then we plan to go through the Land between the Lakes. Will get to Sturgis late and head back home early Sunday morning. We will come back through Memphis, which is the shortest way for us. Maybe we will see Yall their!!!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:35 PM   #5

Sturgis KY

I guess I am getting too old. I looked at some pic galleries online from past events, and some of those pics scare the .... out of me. Well, maybe not that far, but it was interesting to say the least.

I'm only 3 hours away from there, might be an interesting trip...sometime.

What are the attitudes like up there in regards to metric vs. harley???

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #6

Sturgis KY

there are no attitudes in Sturgis Ky they have very good security but it is rated X

Old 07-16-2008, 07:43 AM   #7

Sturgis KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbikers
there are no attitudes in Sturgis Ky they have very good security but it is rated X
Few years ago we were coming thru there just at the end of sturgis ky on our way back from Canada. Stopped to gas up and talked to other folks on bikes. One guy told us his bike got stolen up there in the parking arae where they have security (sure enough he was riding pillion on another friends bike- yes it was a harley). They said (the guys they hired to watch the parking areas) they saw folks loading up a bike but figured it was theirs.....after getting on a thread somewhere found out 2-3 bikes stolen from the parking lots up there.......just thought I would mention.
Kawanow Member #23
Hubbie-Ken '10 Metalic Black Goldwing

Old 07-16-2008, 08:23 AM   #8

Sturgis KY

I have been there for the last 6 years and havn,t seen any trouble but that don't mean there wasn't any. When you get 30,000 bikes any 3 times that many people in one spot you are asking for trouble.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #9

Sturgis KY

Attn formikec

did you just buy your 02? Did it come off ebay from a couple in Goodlettsville? And were you on Broadway yesterday mid day?

I was crosing the street and saw a 02 came color. Don't see those too oftern around here.

Skeet

Old 07-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #10

Sturgis KY

Hello Skeet, you got it partially right. I did buy it off Ebay, went to Orlando, FL to get it, though. Rode it back up over two days (and enjoyed every mile). Have put about 2k on it in about 3 weeks.

And, yes, that was me coming down Broadway yesterday afternoon. Do you work downtown?

Didn't get it in Goodlettsville, though. There is another one around here because I have seen it parked in the State Employees motorcycle parking behind the capital building.

The color is a really nice color. I like what someone on here called it..."Blondie".

Old 07-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #11

Sturgis KY

Hey Mike, that was me calling your bike "Blondie". I almost bought one on ebay just like yours, but the thing was so filthy, that just turned me off to the bike. I have posted my experience with that bike on here.

Next time you see an "old broad that is blonde in a blue uniform working downtown" ask if she is "Skeet". Oh, my hair is short. Say hello anytime...

Old 07-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #12

Sturgis KY

Okay, I think I have seen you downtown. Are you usually on 2 wheels, 4 wheels, 4 hoofs, or 2 feet?

Go easy on me if I "mess up". I really do try to not mess up! Next time you see me, wave or hollar if you can. ;)