Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 12-13-2023, 11:58 AM   #31
Top Contributor

My Commander 3's were exceptionally slick when they were first fitted. They are the only tires I have ever had where I could put the front brake fully on and still push the bike backwards !!! I scuffed the front tire with sandpaper before I went for the first ride because I did not feel comfortable riding the bike. Another time I applied the back brake in an emergency stop and the wheel locked up but skidded for about 20 feet like I was on ice. This was when the back tire already had about 10,000 kms on it. I know tires have a mold releasing agent on them when new but like I said I could push the bike backwards with the front brake fully on and the wheel was just skidding along the clean garage floor. I dont feel confident about them to buy another set. They were the Commander 3 Touring tires, not the Commander 3 Cruiser tire and they were fitted to my 1300 Yamaha V Star.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-15-2023, 01:00 AM   #32

I have gotten between 15k and 18k from Michelin Commander II's and I plan on putting on a new set of MCIII in the spring. I've been very happy with the ride; I will be the first to say that compared to some I ride very conservatively.

Physics & Astronomy Teacher
Boulder High School
Boulder, Colorado

Mysteriously, wonderfully, I bid farewell to what goes, I greet what comes; for what comes cannot be denied, and what goes cannot be detained. --Master Chuang--

Old 12-15-2023, 03:40 PM   #33
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by markc9503 View Post
I have gotten between 15k and 18k from Michelin Commander II's and I plan on putting on a new set of MCIII in the spring. I've been very happy with the ride; I will be the first to say that compared to some I ride very conservatively.
I have also got good longevity from Commander II's and Avon Cobras.