Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 12-26-2017, 05:39 PM   #1

UCLEAR Amp Pro Review

Greetings - Below for your reading pleasure is a posting I placed over on that other forum I frequent.

The one thing that is not mentioned is that it's a BOOMLESS system - No Mic stuck in yer face!

Well Santa Clause brought the Wife and I a set of UCLEAR AMP Plus helmet comms. We did the old "Take them out to make sure they worked" routine.

Initial thoughts.

#1 - Paired to each of our Cell Phones - easy

#2 - Downloaded UCLEAR App (ClearLink) to our Android phones (I'm sure they have an IPHONE App also)

#3 - Updated the software to the latest version - (This is done via Bluetooth to the phone) - Excellent!! Old UCLEAR's required USB to a computer, sometimes it worked, sometimes it was a pain in the .....) Well Done Uclear.

#4 - Paired the 2 UCLEAR's together - easy Able to communicate with Intercom, just like you would want it to do.

#5 - Turned on a music app on each phone - I used XM, Wife used IHEART Radio. - Both played fine. (We were just holding the speakers up to our ears - so no review of sound quality at this point. - Old UCLEAR was OK, these are supposed to be better.)

#6 - Made calls to each cell phone, Music stopped, phone rang, said "Hello" and the unit answered the call. (Had to disable the Autoanswer feature on my wife's phone.) You can also answer by pushing Big button once.

#7 - We tried the Voice Dial feature - You push the Big Button and the Down button once and it activated the "OK Google" on your android. (You do not need to say OK Google) At that point you can use any voice command you would on your phone. Placing a call worked as it should.

#8 - Also, there is a feature for Last Number redial - Big Button and Up Button once. -

Now the surprise for us.

#9 - Via the App there is an option to allow "Music Overlay" - What this does is allow each of us to listen to a different source of music from our phones - and at the same time have the intercom added to the music (Overlay) so we can still interact. It's all voice activated - no buttons. While this technically works, I'm gonna hold judgement until we get to actually use it while riding. We had an old Wired rider to passenger (Starcomm) system which did this - we really liked it.

So far this was well worth the $400 we paid for a pair of bluetooth comm's . I would buy again.

Not a recommendation - just my review.

Mike

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-27-2017, 01:46 AM   #2

Good review! I have a single UCLEAR Amp unit. Connects well, the music is better than my old (so old it wouldn't connect with my new TomTom 400). I also like the earbuds (yeah, I know they aren't legal a lot of places, but I can hear the ambient sounds I need to hear better than I could with earplugs) especially for highway riding. They have great sound, at least to me.

I also like the handlebar remote. Way better than trying to make sure I'm pushing the correct buttons or even the right place on the big button from the side of my helmet.

I wish I could at least try CleanLink, but my phone is too old to support it.

Overall, a lot of bang for the buck compared to Sena, Cardio, and other "premium" brands.