Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 11-30-2015, 11:05 PM   #16

PCV Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootergptx View Post
Just in case anyone else is wanting the map I have/had, the file at home is empty. I'm pretty sure I saved it to my other computer at work and I'll be checking tomorrow. If not, I can get it from the person that sent it to me and share the file then.
Hey scooter, I'll send it back to you so you can pass it along.

Thanks,
A.J. in Phoenix

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-01-2015, 08:32 AM   #17
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veronicamays View Post
I would like it veronicamays @gmail.com
Sent to your email.

Enjoy!
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 12-01-2015, 08:33 AM   #18
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. in Phoenix View Post
Hey scooter, I'll send it back to you so you can pass it along.

Thanks,
A.J. in Phoenix
Thanks! Got it saved where I can get it at home and work now.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 12-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #19

Quote:
Hey,
Scooter on here was kind enough to share it with me. I'd be glad to pass it along if you'd like.

A.J. in Phoenix
I'm also willing to share the dyno tuned map that I received. Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. just send me your e-mail.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:29 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootergptx View Post
Sent to your email.

Enjoy!

Got it thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-07-2015, 08:19 AM   #21
Advanced Member

Finally got the tire on the bike, and put the map on when I finished. Haven't got the tire scuffed in yet, so kind of taking it easy around corners.

When I did get on the highway this morning, it seemed like I was up to 100 a little quicker than before. Not breaking any records, just a little quicker. Filled up the tank too, so I'll be able to see how this affects the mileage.

If I keep testing it out on the open spots, I think I'll have more to do with worse gas mileage than the map.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 12-07-2015, 08:36 AM   #22
Advanced Member

I hadn't really looked at the map since I have to pull the bike up to my window to load it. It was pointed out to me that the map from the dyno tuner is fuel only, no ignition mapping.

This is true. I went ahead and loaded it anyway. At the worst, I can replace it with the old map.

Thought it was good to point this out. Thanks to Joncaudill for pointing that out to me.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 12-07-2015, 09:06 AM   #23
Advanced Member

Also found this link with maps for a few other bikes as well. Notice the 1700 is fuel only again, but it is different than the one I posted before.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 12-16-2015, 07:09 PM   #24

PCV Popping/Backfiring

Quote:
Hey,
Scooter on here was kind enough to share it with me. I'd be glad to pass it along if you'd like.

A.J. in Phoenix
12-16-2015
As I mentioned in an earlier post I made some mods to my 2011 Vaquero.
Had quite a bit of popping/backfiring with the V&H Slash cut slip-ons and the Kuryakyn Alley Cat Air Cleaner so I broke down and paid an Auth. shop to do the Dyno tune. 10 more HP and about 14 ft-lbs Torque, but Thats not what I was actually after. Just wanted it to run smooth and not as hot etc...
After the Dyno, it Pops/Backfires like crazy when I let off on the throttle (in all gears) now. Called the shop and the tech said that's pretty normal. Maybe I'm just a knuckle head, but I thought the tune should have taken care of those issues. I'm having a hard time believing that. Anyone have any comments re: this problem ? Thanks

Old 12-16-2015, 07:23 PM   #25

PCV Popping/Backfiring

Quote:
Hey,

A.J. in Phoenix
12-16-2015
Had quite a bit of popping/backfiring with the V&H Slash cut slip-ons and the Kuryakyn Alley Cat Air Cleaner so I broke down and paid an Auth. shop to do the Dyno tune. 10 more HP and about 14 ft-lbs Torque, but Thats not what I was actually after. Just wanted it to run smooth and not as hot etc...
After the Dyno, it Pops/Backfires like crazy when I let off on the throttle (in all gears) now. Called the shop and the tech said that's pretty normal. Maybe I'm just a knuckle head, but I thought the tune should have taken care of those issues. I'm having a hard time believing that. Anyone have any comments re: this problem ? Thanks

Old 12-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #26
Advanced Member

Quote:
12-16-2015
If you have a laptop, go in the PCV software, connect the laptop to the PCV and click get map. In the zero % throttle column add fuel from idle to redline. I have mine at 4, I did the same in the ignition table in the zero % throttle column. My popping is gone 99.5%. On ocassion I get an odd single pop if the bike is hot. Save that new map under a different file name on yuor PC then send map to the PCV.

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:45 PM   #27

Hey Ken,
I'm getting ready to install V&H slip-ons and a Chuckster BAK. (Thanks Santa in advance.) Could you send me your PCV map? Thanks in advance.

Old 12-17-2015, 09:13 AM   #28
Advanced Member

I put the map for the dyno tune on the bike and have ridden it for 2 weeks now. I do notice the power difference. I also notice I get a little backfire on hard decel. I'd expect that as I'm dumping in more fuel. The dead spot didn't go away, but it did drop to a lower rpm. Also getting a little lower mpg, but that could just be me being harder on the throttle.

I think after Christmas/New Year, I may take it to Sabin Performance and let them tune it to what I'm looking for. Mostly, get rid of that dead spot.

On my 3rd month now with this bike, and I have to say I'm loving the ride. Maybe it's just me, or it seems to fit me better, but I'm more nimble on this than I was on my old (and lighter) C90.
PCV (removed)
Ivan's ECU flash

Old 12-17-2015, 09:57 AM   #29

Quote:
12-16-2015
The dyno tuner should have addressed the popping during the tuning session, that is part of developing a custom map for a skoot. YOU should not have to deal with this.

I have been a DynoJet Dyno owner/operator since 1993 or so and I seriously question a gain of 10 H.P. AND 14 PNDS TORK. So far, with MANY MANY 1700's on my dyno, including well over 500 runs on my personal Vaquero, those gains are typical when comparing a STOCK 1700 to the results gained with your slip-ons and BAK. In other words the gains you quoted are not possible in a tuning session unless the gains are referring to what a stock 1700 makes.

Stock 1700's average 70 H.P. and bout 89 pnds tork, with the BIG 3 I see bout 80-82 H.P. and 100-102 pnds tork. Did you get a dyno sheet with the mapping and what are the peak numbers? I am interested as so many shops blow smoke up the customers you know what.

RACNRAY

Old 12-17-2015, 03:37 PM   #30
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolyer View Post
Hey Ken,
I'm getting ready to install V&H slip-ons and a Chuckster BAK. (Thanks Santa in advance.) Could you send me your PCV map? Thanks in advance.
Need your email bud. Cant load PVM files on the forum

On the 1500, too much to list.

On the Vaquero:
V&H slash cut slip ons
Power Commander 5 and Ivan-ized ECU
Chuckster's BAK
Aux Audio adapter with bluetooth receiver.
Mustang 2 up Touring Seat w/ driver and passenger backrest
Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs.
Kawasaki 12 volt charger
Longer 1600 meanstreak SE kickstand
Full LED Daymaker light mod.