Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada East Group

Old 03-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #16

Where is the spring weather?

Weatherman says we are going to get around 12" of that delightful fluffy stuff overnight...already snowing now. :'(

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #17

The snow turned to rain yesterday after dumping about 10cm of the white stuff. Rained hard Yesterday afternoon and night. Now we just have lots of snow and ice lined swimming pools for driveways and side streets.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #18

Where is the spring weather, it's here in Florida (USA). It has been in the high 60's to 75 for the past month or more. Some people just like to gripe and grumble about the cold and snow but nobody had ever mention moving south. My daughter married a guy from London, Ont. and he will never leave Canada but when he comes to our house here in Florida all he does is complain about the cold weather in Canada.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:53 PM   #19

I just want to kill that rat they call Phil
2012 Ebony Black Kawasaski Concours 14

Old 03-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #20

it ain't here yet.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #21
Advanced Member

It sure as HELL isn't here yet either!!!! :(" title="" border="0"/>

Old 03-12-2011, 07:03 AM   #22
Sr. Contributor

While I was shoveling snow from behind the wheels of my wife's car, that I had just driven into a hard pack snowbank. [SHHH...] My cousin [on his way to work] stopped to help push me out, says, "it'll all be gone in three weeks". If it melts in three weeks here, we are going to need an "Ark". I can't remember the last time I got stuck in the snow. So I guess I was due.
There didn't appear to be any visual damage to the car, but it does rattle now.
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 03-12-2011, 07:39 AM   #23
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer
While I was shoveling snow from behind the wheels of my wife's car, that I had just driven into a hard pack snowbank. [SHHH...] My cousin [on his way to work] stopped to help push me out, says, "it'll all be gone in three weeks". If it melts in three weeks here, we are going to need an "Ark". I can't remember the last time I got stuck in the snow. So I guess I was due.
This time of the year is the worst for getting stuck. Many of my neighbours and in the area don't shovel the driveway out as think it will MELT in a day so why bother. Well they sometimes get stuck because of it, as the snow melts, re-freeze's and a nice coating of uneven ICE with ruts to navigate. Many don't have SNOW tires so compounds the problem. Now in larger cities (I am sure it's not just Toronto) they don't plow the sidestreets either for days after or sometimes not at all this time of year. Major ruts, huge snow banks at the end of major roads etc. It all is the perfect conditions for this to happen. 2 years ago working downtown Toronto area I think I drove, pushed or shovelled out at least 20-30 cars days after snow storms due to these problems, so it does happen. Sorry to hear your wife's car now has a rattle. You may want to check the tailpipe and exhaust hangers. It maybe that it has broken one or off it's mount (doughnut mounts depending on the car).
My wife's car had a slight rattle in it last spring and wife asked me what I thought it was. I said likely the car is complaining about your driving as it's been sleeping all winter. Needless to say I got the evil eye for that one....but it was worth it

Scott

Old 03-12-2011, 08:13 AM   #24
Sr. Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott (ve3hzz)
Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer
Sorry to hear your wife's car now has a rattle. You may want to check the tailpipe and exhaust hangers. It maybe that it has broken one or off it's mount (doughnut mounts depending on the car).
My wife's car had a slight rattle in it last spring and wife asked me what I thought it was. I said likely the car is complaining about your driving as it's been sleeping all winter. Needless to say I got the evil eye for that one....but it was worth it

Scott
I made an appointment to have it checked, the wife heard me on the phone. :(" title="" border="0"/> Guess I should have told her before I got on the phone. ::)
Gerry Martineau / 802 VT / VBA #0892 /[email]glmjgm@gmail.com[email]

Old 03-12-2011, 09:30 AM   #25

Is it the car that is rattled or just you?
With all the water, freeze / thaw cycles the last few days our roads are falling apart. The pot holes are everywhere, and so big, it's a challenge getting around without damaging your car.
Quebec roads suck at the best of times, but right now it is probably just as well We can't drive our bikes.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 03-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #26

The weatherman was right...for a change
We got hammered with anywhere from a foot to a foot 1/2 :'(
It was that real heavy stuff that you can't shovel. Took me an hour just to plow the drive with the tractor.

What ever happened to Global Warming?

Old 03-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #27
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullman
The weatherman was right...for a change
We got hammered with anywhere from a foot to a foot 1/2 :'(
It was that real heavy stuff that you can't shovel. Took me an hour just to plow the drive with the tractor.

What ever happened to Global Warming?
This is that effect (or can be) most don't realize that we will get MORE severe weather and COLD AND RAIN/SNOW and our DRY season in many areas will be LESS. While some will get drought conditions. It is the earth re-mapping the thermal dynamics of the entire planet. All it would take is the ocean's to raise in temp by half of 1 degree and it has a major impact on the entire planet. That is all it takes, and with the volcano eruptions last year with all the ASH into the atmosphere that would cause a BLANKET effect to cool those parts of the oceans that are effected. It goes both ways, a raise or drop by that same small amount can have extreme effects in either way. We may experience cooler springs and HOTTER summers but shortened and longer fall temps above normal, with higher rainfalls with it.

Not all GLOBAL WARMING is from us but it also doesn't mean things will be WARMER to us either!

Old 03-12-2011, 11:54 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack
I don't know what you're talking about - it's supposed to be 80° here today.
That's the one thing I don't miss about living in Montreal - snow, snow and then more snow... I remember one year we got a snow storm on April 4th. :(" title="" border="0"/>

We don't have much on the ground but it is coming down wet and messy.

Have a good day anyway...
KawaNOW #01650
Bell City Riders #21
SCRC 329
2010 Nomad (The Beast)

Previous Bikes
2008 - 900 Vulcan Classic
1958 HD HydraGlide

Old 03-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #29
Advanced Member

So far today it's been mild here and no rain/snow, hope it holds off but calling for it tomorrow :(

Maybe they're wrong and we won't get it!!!! FINGERS CROSSED.

I feel for those on the EAST COAST as well they've been HAMMERED this winter more then normal. I do feel for those in the SNOW BELTS with what they've had to endure this season.

Let's all think WARM thoughts and SUNNY DAYS!!!!!

Scott

Old 03-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #30
Mega-Contributor

My a/c is running in the house right now.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17