Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 06-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #16

Which side of the fence?

I agree; this shouldn't have been posted on this board.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

"You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts."

Former VBA NCR Assist Regional Leader
Formerly: 2004 1500FI Bronze Nomad: 2009 & 2014 HD Ultra
Current Rides: 2017 HD Ultra Limited & 2011 Can Am Spyder RTS-SE
Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-12-2010, 07:03 PM   #17
Advanced Member

Which side of the fence?

I too agree; this thread shouldn't be here.

Just curious; why was it not suggested to be moved for the first 3 days after it was started? And why ask now?

Just asking...

Old 06-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #18
Advanced Member

Which side of the fence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Maximus
I too agree; this thread shouldn't be here.

Just curious; why was it not suggested to be moved for the first 3 days after it was started? And why ask now?

Just asking...
I'm just guessing, but it wasn't until today that someone got offended, and this thread started getting contentious

Just saying...

Old 06-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #19
Mega-Contributor

Which side of the fence?

I knew it didn't belong here the moment I first saw it, I don't have the ability to move it. You don't know when I asked for it to be moved. I just didn't mention it until today.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #20
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Which side of the fence?

I pulled it up under the NMR-OMT and thought this was the correct place for it. I don't see that it has been moved.

I am neither Democrat or Republican and wish there were no parties. Then maybe we could get something done for the country rather than for the party.

This party thing has gotten out of hand.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-13-2010, 09:05 AM   #21
Advanced Member

Which side of the fence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaNomadRider
I pulled it up under the NMR-OMT and thought this was the correct place for it. I don't see that it has been moved.

I am neither Democrat or Republican and wish there were no parties. Then maybe we could get something done for the country rather than for the party.

This party thing has gotten out of hand.
Its in the correct place now, it was originally posted in the Nomad topics board.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:05 AM   #22
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider
Which side of the fence?

Thanks Phred, I did notice later that it had been in the wrong place. Should not have been posted there.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 06-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #23

Which side of the fence?

I wasn't going to comment on this thread but I feel I need to since the deep water drilling moratorium was brought up. I live 45 miles from the coastline of Terrebonne Parish. Our marshes are inundated with oil from the Deep Water Horizon. Oysters, shrimp, fish, pelicans and other birds and mammals are dying from the spill. Much of the South Louisiana economy consists of the fishing and restaurant industry. Both bring in huge amounts of tax revenue for the entire state. No one down here, no matter what party you favor wants to see what is happening. Livelihoods of the majority of people along the coast will be affected, including Mississippi, Alabama, and the Florida panhandle. Factually, I don't know this, but safety violations and shortcuts could have occurred that contributed to this disaster. It seems as though the Mineral Management Services (MMS) may have had a cozy relationship with some in the industry. This is never good as MMS may become obligated to those who are offering gifts. I have been in the oil and gas industry for over 38 years and have worked mostly onshore but have worked offshore years ago. For the most part, the Louisiana and Texas economies depend on the oil and gas industries for survival. The moratorium is a death sentence for our state's economy. The team of scientists appointed by the president who wrote the report did not suggest the moratorium in their report. In fact, they have staunchly stated that it would be a huge mistake. Mr. Salazar took it upon himself to include the 6 month deep water drilling moratorium in the report after the team signed it off. More than likely at Obama's request. If you pay attention to the news, there are more southern democrats screaming about this moratorium than republicans. It doesn't matter what party they belong to, they all know that this nonsense will destroy us. Don't forget that a sizeable part of domestic oil and gas production comes from the deep water Gulf of Mexico. Over 34,000 wells have been drilled in the gulf without any serious pollution incidents. This is the first off of our coast. Enforce the strict regulations that are already in place but don't let the 33 deep water rigs leave and sign multi year contracts with Africa and Brazil. They won't come back and the entire US will suffer from this drilling ban. Think about it, it will affect your pocket book also. And don't forget the 11 men who were incinerated doing what they loved. This will be my only post on this thread.

2016 Electra Glide Ultra Limited CVO
Palladium Silver / Phantom Blue
110 cu in SE

2012 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (Traded 6/22/16)
Tequila Sunrise / HD Orange
Vance & Hines true dual headers
Rinehart 4" slip ons
Screamin Eagle Super Tuner
Screamin Eagle Stage 1 intake
Dyno tuned
H.O.G.# 4514015

2007 Nomad 1600 (Traded 6/23/12)
VBA #482

Old 06-14-2010, 04:47 PM   #24

Which side of the fence?

Well put... ;)

The oil-companies have had a reasonably good record of avoiding major catastrophes thus far. Stopping any drilling will put our entire country at peril in more ways than one -- but certainly people living in the gulf-coast states who depend on its livelihood will be hurt badly.

The unfortunate thing is that many people only think of "oil" as only being either gasoline or oil -- rather than the many other products that are made from it.

If you don't like oil then as a recent AP article says... be prepared to:

Park your car; put away your sneakers; put away the bicycle; turn off the AC and the electric fans; be prepared to freeze or sweat from heat without your home's insulation; forget the deodorant; don't drink the milkshakes; rip up your carpet; throw out the furniture; ditch the computer you are using to read this; toss some of your clothing; skip the toothpaste, shampoo, shaving-cream, lip-stick, and vitamins; forget any plastic bottles or their lids and labels; don't plan on gluing anything... basically; don't plan on doing much of anything you have become accustomed to doing -- because without oil, it just simply isn't going to happen. Oil is one of the most prevalent sources of carbon -- the building-block of modern man -- and very few "things" are not made from carbon bases.

Basically the truth is... many people will simply die if it were not for oil. Food production will drop to a level below the ability to feed the world without oil and its by-products.

I am afraid if anyone thinks for one minute society can live without oil -- they are only fooling themselves.

In history... this period on earth will go down as the Petrochemical Age. ;)

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

Attended: VBA National Rallies 2009, 2011, 2015; VBA/NCR Regional Rally 2010, 12, 14, 16 and several rides throughout with regional members.
VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417

Old 06-14-2010, 05:43 PM   #25

Which side of the fence?

It's amazing. We constantly get nasty emails belittling the Democrats and Obama about everything under the sun. And then we get a moronic post with more of the same on a motorcycle forum. Oh well, I suppose it's what we can expect from the "verbal minority".

Old 06-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #26
Top Contributor

Which side of the fence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb8784
Thank you heath3n. I kept trying to figure out what to say, but I kept deleting it in fear of being kicked off the forum!
Regardless of your political beliefs, affiliations, etc, we are not here to remove people from this forum simply because they express their opinion. If conservatives can express themselves, so can liberals.

VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 06-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #27

Which side of the fence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalman
It's amazing. We constantly get nasty emails belittling the Democrats and Obama about everything under the sun. And then we get a moronic post with more of the same on a motorcycle forum. Oh well, I suppose it's what we can expect from the "verbal minority".
Oh my... ::)

VBA Member #652
HOG Member #3935417