Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 08-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to wompus
Social Security Checks Aug. 3rd.

Just heard Mark Levine on WGST talk radio. He is a Constitutional lawyer. He quoted from a U.S. House committee investigative session where it was discovered that the U. S. Treasury will have sufficient funds to pay Social Security and Veterans benefits for the month of August 2011.

So the head of the Social Security Administration was questioned as to how these benefits would not be paid (Obama had threatened to stop Social Security payments on 3 Aug.). The committee found that Social Security does not have the authority to issue checks.

The Social Security checks are issued by the Treasury Department headed by Timothy Geithner. Even Geithner does not have the authority to not issue Social Security unless he is directed by President Obama to not issue the checks. Pres.Obama alone will be responsible if Social Security checks are not issued starting on August 3, 2011. Every senior citizen and every American should work to remove this tyrant from the White House in 2012. Had enough change yet?

Mike "WOMPUS' Nieznany
1999 Nomad "Fronkensteen"
Viet Nam Vet 68-69-70
KawaNOW #00577
I'm sarcastic and have a smart ass attitude. It's a natural defense against DRAMA, BULLSHIT & STUPIDITY!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via AIM to AlabamaNomadRider Send a message via Yahoo to AlabamaNomadRider

I don't receive my check on the 3rd, my payment from social security is the 2nd Wednesday of each month. This month it will be the 10th.

I knew when all the idiots voted for change we were in for a hellofaride. Now if those same idiots can see to change their mind and vote differently this time. He has to go. Geithner should be gone also. He is a crook and should never have been allowed in office. Think he didn't pay his taxes or something like that.

Gene Cross, Jr.
Boaz, Alabama
KawaNOW/VBA #1181

Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #3

Social Security is mandatory spending as opposed to discretionary spending. You don't have anything to worry about. The precedent was set in 95 or 96 when Clinton was president.

Contrary to what you think it was only so called saber rattling to get people to call GOP congressman to get a bill passed.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to wompus

The V.A. has me on 80% disability and I get a check from the gubbermint at the end of the month.
It came in today.
WE HAVE TO GET THIS WORTHLESS PIECE OF sh*t AND WHAT EVER THE HELL HE'S MARRIED TO AND KICK THEM TO DA CURB!!!

Mike "WOMPUS' Nieznany
1999 Nomad "Fronkensteen"
Viet Nam Vet 68-69-70
KawaNOW #00577
I'm sarcastic and have a smart ass attitude. It's a natural defense against DRAMA, BULLSHIT & STUPIDITY!!

Old 08-02-2011, 03:16 PM   #5

The debt cieling has been raised every year for the last 10 years.
Suddenly it's a problem with one president? Maybe If Bush had actually funded his programs and wars we wouldn't have this problem.
Oh and he is married to a human female. Glad I could help you at least answer that question. I know it's kept you up at night :-)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

No it's not "suddenly a problem". It has been a problem every time it's been done no matter who was President. We are just now completely fed up with it and realizing with the profligate spending of current occupant in the White House that we are headed at breakneck speed to a total financial collapse.

Oh, and no Congress has totally funded anything, ever, they are all to blame. I'm tired of the "Blame Bush" crowd.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter

Old 08-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #7
Advanced Member

Mark has about as much credibility as Limbaugh and Beck have and together they specialize in creating a following of lemmings who have a hard time separating facts from talking points.

This debt limit 'crisis' was laughable, the timing nothing more than theatre from the Right. Let's see, the Republicans VOTE to spend most of the money that is included in our debt, but then suddenly seem appalled that we are spending too much when it comes time to pay the bills... too funny. Their actions just called them out for the hypocrites they really are.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #8

My point was not to blame Bush. My point was the problem is more then just this president. I didn't like it when the left blasted bush either.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to Idaho

Canedriver, I guess that I took your meaning wrong. Sorry about that. I'm just tired of all the finger pointing.

Jack you are right in two respects; first, the old guard Republicans did help to contribute to the debt, second , the 'crisis' was not really a short term crisis at all.

I suggest to you that the Tea Party conservatives who now serve as Republicans are the ones who are trying to hold the line on extravagant government spending and I pray that they succeed. They are not the old guard who helped to put us in debt so they are not the hypocrites. I don't care what party the politician is from who finally gets it that we can't keep borrowing 40 cents of every dollar just to keep the government going. I will support them and wish them well.
VBA #110
VROC #24864
IBA #49753
2007 Nomad 86,000 miles
Bud Smalley
Pocatello, Idaho

Idaho Jack Adapter