Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > Canada East Group

Old 03-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #31

How close are you to riding in your area?

Nomadbehappy,
I went from a v-star 650 to the Nomad, so similar deal to you.
I put more mileage on the nomad in one summer, than I put on the 650 in the three summers I had it.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-18-2010, 07:28 PM   #32
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadbehappy
+1 on loving the nomad. I just got mine in October, had a shadow ace before that and this bike is great.... comfortable, lots of power, and really nimble for its size. I was a little worried about going from a 750 to a 1600 but it handles like a dream. Plan to keep this ne for a while, just bought an old voyager trunk, will order a reckless fairing in a few months and probably the lowers over the winter ... so much for promising my wife I wouldn't do any mods for at least a year ::)
I went from a 750 ace also. That was a great bike and I would probably still have it if the prices on the nomad weren't so low in spring 08 , got an 08 for 10.900
I think I will have the nomad forever this ride his just awesome.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #33

Hey guys, well it's been a lot warmer here in northern ON (just west of Blind River) than anywhere - like 24 and sunny Tue and Wed. I've been out riding everyday this week for a few hours. Turning cloudy and getting cold for the weekend so thought I'd get in as much as I could this week.
Cheers

Old 03-19-2010, 02:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timebandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadbehappy
+1 on loving the nomad. I just got mine in October, had a shadow ace before that and this bike is great.... comfortable, lots of power, and really nimble for its size. I was a little worried about going from a 750 to a 1600 but it handles like a dream. Plan to keep this ne for a while, just bought an old voyager trunk, will order a reckless fairing in a few months and probably the lowers over the winter ... so much for promising my wife I wouldn't do any mods for at least a year ::)
I went from a 750 ace also. That was a great bike and I would probably still have it if the prices on the nomad weren't so low in spring 08 , got an 08 for 10.900
I think I will have the nomad forever this ride his just awesome.
Timebandit:

like you I loved my ACE, it was my first street bike and was great to learn to ride on.

I got my 08 last Oct for $10,000 with 3,068 kms on it. I found this forum, did some research and everything I read said this is a great bike, so I took the plunge. I love the look of an Ultra (don't shoot me), but with the addition of a trunk (I got an old Voyager trunk for $20 of Ebay) and a fairing (going to order a reckless fairing) and in my opinion it is going to look just as nice as the Ultra and I won't be shaken off it at every stop sign

Brian Muscat
bamuscat@gmail.com
Barrie, ON

KawaNOW #1404
2008 Kawasaki Nomad (Ultra)
Red and Black because they're the fastest colours!
Winter is nature's way of telling us to add more Chrome!

Old 03-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman
Hey guys, well it's been a lot warmer here in northern ON (just west of Blind River) than anywhere - like 24 and sunny Tue and Wed. I've been out riding everyday this week for a few hours. Turning cloudy and getting cold for the weekend so thought I'd get in as much as I could this week.
Cheers
24 wow, I thought we were having it good with 16-17 degrees here. In a normal year I would be trying to get in a last weekend of snowmobiling at the cottage about now.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #36

Norm , just how was this year for snowmobiling ??

Old 03-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by caper
Norm , just how was this year for snowmobiling ??
Well, we never did get that much snow this year. One decent storm early in the season and the rest seemed to track south through the US, so it could have been better. Seems like most of the clubs were grooming the same old snow over and over. Even so We did get in some good days and a few nice trips. The last week of February was pretty much the end of it all.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136