Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 07-08-2007, 09:33 AM   #61
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Member Intro

Hello to all!

My name is Brad and I ride a 2006 Green/silver Nomad with about 4K miles on her. I live in the Southern California area in a nice suburb of the city of Lakewood. I'm on the Delphi forums under the same Moniker "Blowndodge" That's because I drive a Dodge Diesel truck. Over the past year or so I've played around with small tweaks on my Nomad including the TPS adjustment and have a small article on Gadgets page as to the outcome of my experimentation with it. I hope to hook up with more Nomad riders out west as there seems to be a small "shortage" of Nomads to ride with out this way.

I was out of riding for about 20 years but back the I had rode and owned most of the classics. Kawasaki Mach III, Mach IV, 900 Z1, First original Gold Wing, Suzuki GS 750 (traveled all over the west coast with that nice bike. Had so much strapped to it I looked like a scene out of the "Grapes of Wrath!". Took time off to raise a family and now I'm a empty nester turning 50 at the end of summer and last year, 2/19/2006, I rode home on a brand new Nomad!

My oh my have the bikes changed from back then! Wonderful bike even with all of it's "known" quirks about her. I'm still anal and keep her spotless and highly polished to this day so I guess I'm still in the honeymooning stage?!! Glad to meet you all and hope to get I ride in with some of you someday.

Brad

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #62

Member Intro

Hi, my name is Tim. I have a 2007 Nomad 1600 Black & Silver. Traded my 650 Yamaha Silverado for it. No not even-up I live in central NY . Ride Safe!
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #63

Member Intro

Hello to all,
My name is Marco "Legend" Billups. I'm from Plainsboro N.J. and I ride 2006 1600 Nomad.
In this first year I just flipped over 10K and I'm just getting started.
I hope to roll with everyone here at some point of time. See ya on the highway, stay safe.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #64

Member Intro

Welcome to all - fellow Nomad riders

Old 07-09-2007, 05:49 AM   #65
Advanced Member

Member Intro

Welcome to the forum everyone. There are folks joining faster than I can welcome them.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 AM   #66

Member Intro

Hi all just another new member to this fantastic forum.

All the way from Melbourne Australia
2006 Nomad stacks of mods VROC #16740 member
Also a member and President Westgate wanderers (Ulyssess club) here in Melbourne.Bought my Nomad April last year and have already got 27,000Ks on it.

I have added my club web site to my profile if anyone would like to check it out.

Trip how do I add a pic as my avatar not really up on computers.
any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Old 07-10-2007, 05:44 AM   #67
Advanced Member

Member Intro

Welcome Finky, glad you found us.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:40 AM   #68
VBA Founder

Member Intro

Let me join Groundhog and bluetongue in welcoming everybody to the Kawanow forum. It's great to see so many Nomad owners from all over the world join up and participate in this forum.

Feel free to read and participate in any threads here on the forum. There are no dumb questions.

Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 07-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #69
Advanced Member

Member Intro

What's on 2nd?

Old 07-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #70

Member Intro

Quote:
[quote:16qbi8dp]
I also like to go fast and so does the Connie so I' m looking for a bike that will put me into a better riding position and allow me to go the speeds I would like without being ridiculous about it.
First off, Welcome Stewart.

The Connie is a great bike but due to some medical conditions on my part the riding position of that and other bikes like it are out of the question for any length of time.

I realize this is a Nomad forum but I don't know if the Nomad will have the speed you may be looking for coming from a Connie.

Now the Vulcan 2000 is a nice laid back cruiser with some punch to it when you want it. Just something to think about.

Good luck on whatever you decide and feel free to hang around.[/quote:16qbi8dp]

GH,

I keep wording it wrong. What I been trying to say between spitting out the shoe leather I obviously keep eating is that I'm interested in a bike that would cater to a slower paced riding style. My verbage keeps getting in the way of that. I've thought for a few years now that the Nomad is just that bike. Just gotta sell the Connie first.

Thanks,

Stewart
VBA #60
2009 Vulcan Nomad 1700 - Black

Old 07-10-2007, 07:47 PM   #71

Member Intro

Thanks Guy's beem an avid user of Trips site for ages but only just found the forum I know the time differance will be a bit of a hic up but I will be around the place reading etc when you are all in bed.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 AM   #72
VBA Founder

Member Intro

<<<Who's on first.......What's on 2nd>>>

OK...well....let me rephrase that. There can be some dumb questions, but I doubt anybody but GH and bluetongue will ask them...LOL.

Welcome to the group finky. I'd say you get the "farthest away" prize hailing from Australia.

Trip
Trip's Website

Custer 09, 18 / Maggie Valley 11 / Eureka Springs 09, 17 / Antlers 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18
Texas Hill Country / Deals Gap / Colorado / Wyoming / Montana / Utah / More trips for Trip

Old 07-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #73
Top Contributor

Member Intro

Hello all! I'm SocWkBiker aka Jeff, because I'm a social worker with an adventurous side. You can call me SWB for eas of typing.

I ride a 2005 Silver/Black Nomad and I love it! I've got V&H pipes, light bar and white led lights that really give the engine some pop! I constantly get compliments on her and, I often get asked if she's a Harley. Do y'all get this too?

I'm from Mesquite, TX and would love to hook up for some rides with folks.
VBA #0002
VBA VP-Global
B.A.C.A. Hoss
2005 "StrongBear" Black/Silver

Todd and BD

Old 07-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #74

Member Intro

waynem - just saw you post, must have missed it. The problem I "thought" I was having with the key turned out not to be a problem at all. I just have to take my time, since there is very little clearance when the bars are turned all the way to left. :-[

I suppose I don't take key out after I start it is because I'm afraid I'll misplace it. Probably the safest place to keep it would be on my neck but generally I already have my helmut and MP3 on before I put key in. I'm already concerned that the MP3 cords around my neck will probably by the cause of my death if I ever go down..."what was the cause of death, strangulation; her MP3 cords choked her to death." Just can't ride without my tunes.

Anyway, when getting off bike it is a habit to take key out and then secure it. Not really use to taking key out while riding, need to get use to it, because key ring gets in way of speedometer and I always have to push it out the way. Poor creature of habit...

BTW - please send me the link again on service manual. Couldn't copy and paste in my address bar and the link wouldn't allow me to access directly from the post. I still haven't been able to come up with one. Found clymer manuals etc but not for 07 Nomad, generally stopped around 04 and I think some things have changed since then. :'(

Old 07-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #75

Member Intro

Quote:
Howdy from Pasadena TX. Larry here. While I can't lay claim the to the title of Vulcan owner yet, I plan to correct that deficiency within the next month.
Update: I completed the Basic Rider's Course last weekend, and will pick up my '07 Nomad tomorrow after work. I dont have to work next week, so I will be able to enjoy some "getting acquainted" time and photo ops.
Life is good !!