Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 04-05-2018, 08:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Yes, it will work fine. My old iPhone 4 doesn’t hold a charge for very long anymore when it isn’t hooked to power, so it is always powered with the bike. On the days the phone is dead from sitting for a long period of time without riding and getting charged, it takes about 5 minutes or so before it is charged enough and turns back on. So long as I ride often I have no issues with it staying charged day to day, it’s whenever it sits for several days of not riding that it is dead. I haven’t ridden in few months because of the winter and when I went on the bike the other day I took about 5 mins as mentioned before it came back to life. Also, apparently I never took it out of the bike so it has been in there in the shed the entire time since it was parked.

Thanks I feel better about my investment now.

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-10-2018, 01:23 AM   #17

Hookin up the Ipod

Quote:
So I got my Ipod TOUCH, 1st generation 8gb, 30 pin
I loaded music to the Ipod but "iTunes" will not load. I see the tunes on "Music" but pushing on "iTunes" it just boots then turns off and goes to the main screen. It will play music on "Music".
I do not have the Bikes Accessory kit yet till I am sure it will work, 120.00 is a bit much for something I do not like or will not work. I spent 25.00 on the Ipod and If it is going to be that difficult I will just toss it and turn on the radio.

So am I missing something here?? I am Not totally stupid, Just ignorant with Apple things. Although some may try to dispute that and its all in fun but my money is Mine and I like it.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #18

Getting music on an Ipod only with/through I-tunes is the hell on earth (in my opinion).
I hate apple things and needed a long time to get it work as I wanted.

I hope there will be someone else here who could explain it way better than me, due to my english (translate from german to english how-to get this I-tunes thing working) is way to bad to explain.

Cu,
Sven

MY LIFE - MY RULES !

2018 Indian Roadmaster

Old 04-10-2018, 11:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Getting music on an Ipod only with/through I-tunes is the hell on earth (in my opinion).
I hate apple things and needed a long time to get it work as I wanted.

I hope there will be someone else here who could explain it way better than me, due to my english (translate from german to english how-to get this I-tunes thing working) is way to bad to explain
Never liked Apples to begin with either, But Now I have to learn. Don't underestimate your translation abilities, I Have always been able to use and learn from all of your posts. Thanks for your contributions , Sven.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarr10 View Post
I loaded music to the Ipod but "iTunes" will not load. I see the tunes on "Music" but pushing on "iTunes" it just boots then turns off and goes to the main screen. It will play music on "Music".

I do not have the Bikes Accessory kit yet till I am sure it will work, 120.00 is a bit much for something I do not like or will not work. I spent 25.00 on the Ipod and If it is going to be that difficult I will just toss it and turn on the radio.

So am I missing something here?? I am Not totally stupid, Just ignorant with Apple things. Although some may try to dispute that and its all in fun but my money is Mine and I like it.

Just to understand completely, using the iTunes app on the iPod touch will start, then crash? My guess is, if that is the case, the fact that it’s such an old model of the iPod, it can’t run iTunes on the device. However, if you are able to use a laptop to add music and the iPod Touch will play the music using the “Music” app, you should be ok. Hopefully that makes sense?? I’ve drank the KoolAid and am fairly good with Apple products so ask away!

Matt Cantin
Mound,MN

VBA #03074

@mdcantin

2013 Voyager Pearl Crystal White / Metallic Phantom Silver
Vance & Hines Twin Slash Cut
Ivan's Performance ECU flash
Kuryakyn Alley Cat Air
Metrix KVR Amplifier & Speakers
iPod Adapter Kit

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-10-2018, 08:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Just to understand completely, using the iTunes app on the iPod touch will start, then crash? My guess is, if that is the case, the fact that it’s such an old model of the iPod, it can’t run iTunes on the device. However, if you are able to use a laptop to add music and the iPod Touch will play the music using the “Music” app, you should be ok. Hopefully that makes sense?? I’ve drank the KoolAid and am fairly good with Apple products so ask away!
Yes , Yes, And It has music on it. I put it there. The Crash seems weird since it came with the program on the iPod. 8gb, 1st gen touch. But will I be able to control it with the Ipod Kit for the Vaquero with the handle bars buttons. As I understand it Apple Music is not compatible with the iPod Kit. So I was thinking maybe the "Music" program may not be compatible either. I already have an MP3 player but I want the control of the music. So I bought the iPod. Do I need an iTunes account and load a song from the store to start the folder? then add the music into it? Not sure how Apples store files and link them/read them from what folders.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:58 PM   #22

Quote:
Yes , Yes, And It has music on it. I put it there. The Crash seems weird since it came with the program on the iPod. 8gb, 1st gen touch. But will I be able to control it with the Ipod Kit for the Vaquero with the handle bars buttons. As I understand it Apple Music is not compatible with the iPod Kit. So I was thinking maybe the "Music" program may not be compatible either. I already have an MP3 player but I want the control of the music. So I bought the iPod. Do I need an iTunes account and load a song from the store to start the folder? then add the music into it? Not sure how Apples store files and link them/read them from what folders.

While not 100% certain, I’m in the 90% range that it would work fine. If you truly wanted to know for sure, I live in the west metro and the first decent scoot day we could meet up somewhere and could try it on my Voyager. I use an older Nano I got from Pawn America and works wonderfully. The iTunes app is only used for Apple Music (which you are correct, it won’t work with stock radio) and for downloading purchased music from Apple. If you used iTunes on your PC to already add music, it’ll be your best bet. It’s basically drop and drag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Cantin
Mound,MN

VBA #03074

@mdcantin

Kuryakyn Alley Cat Air
iPod Adapter Kit

Old 04-10-2018, 10:01 PM   #23

Thanks 90% will work for me, I did think about PM-ing you for a call to swing by sometime and test it. But as you know its more snow this week. Say did you go to the Donny Smith Bike show and see Shane Petersons Vaquero? Ill see you on the road sometime. Thanks again

Old 04-10-2018, 10:21 PM   #24

Let me know if you have any other issues with it. I don’t tend to post a lot on here, but definitely check in daily to stay caught up. I missed the show, but it was much nicer in Punta Cana watching 3 adults on 1 moped zip down the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Cantin
Mound,MN

VBA #03074

@mdcantin

Kuryakyn Alley Cat Air
iPod Adapter Kit

Old 04-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #25

Quote:
Never liked Apples to begin with either, But Now I have to learn. Don't underestimate your translation abilities, I Have always been able to use and learn from all of your posts. Thanks for your contributions , Sven.
Thanks for the nice words. I think my english is good enough to talk about a lot of thinks, but writing to explain an apple problem is going over my skills.

However, MCANTIN is right. You only need Itunes on your computer to transfer the msuic files (MP3) to the Ipod. Not possible to drag & drop them as on any other "normal" MP3 player which you connect through USB with your computer. Had to learn/understand that, too.

I also use an Ipod Nano (I think) and it works without any problem. All the handlebar controls work, but after winter (I never charge the Ipod at Home) I have to start the motorcycle and wait about 3-5 mins till the stereo will recognize the Ipod and it got enough power to "come back to life".

Cu,
Sven

MY LIFE - MY RULES !

2018 Indian Roadmaster