Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-24-2018, 05:32 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLady58 View Post
What JD said. As long as the tab on your Idaho adapter is up against it (the frame), all you gotta do is grab your handlebar, hold it firmly, jack it with your foot, bike will raise and settle on jack.
If your floor is smooth, you can turn your bike around like that. Just Be Careful....I don't suggest twirling the bike around on the jack unless you have some straps on it for safety....
DL.....My bike is the Voyager and it doesn't require an Idaho Adapter for lifting.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-24-2018, 10:42 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLady58 View Post
What JD said. As long as the tab on your Idaho adapter is up against it (the frame), all you gotta do is grab your handlebar, hold it firmly, jack it with your foot, bike will raise and settle on jack.
If your floor is smooth, you can turn your bike around like that. Just Be Careful....I don't suggest twirling the bike around on the jack unless you have some straps on it for safety....

What camera system are you using?

Old 03-25-2018, 07:19 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
DL.....My bike is the Voyager and it doesn't require an Idaho Adapter for lifting.
Sorry JD, I meant the tab on the jack....,mine has a little tab that bolts to the 2 runners on the jack that I can scoot up agianst the side of the Idaho adaptor....sorry, brainfart.... On my jack, that tab you can scoot up against your frame when you jack, to keep it from sliding off.
Yea, the Voyager doesn't need the adaptor, the Vaquero is the same I believe, but I've slept since I had one on my jack....

Oh BV, this is what I use, front and rear cameras, dvr, has all the bells and whistles....figure if someone makes me into a hood ornament, the least I could do is record it.
One thing nice, it has a G sensor that detects if you in a accident, it automatically records giving you coordinates, date/time stamp, and location on google maps. Even has a cellphone app where you can use your phones screen as a monitor to see behind you using the camera. Has built in wifi! Also has a quick record button should you need to record something fast.
If looking for just a camera and monitor to see behind you, they have those too, about $50-$60 with a 5" screen on Amazon....
https://www.amazon.com/VSYSTO-Motorc...and+dvr+system

---------------------
Don't start no schit,
there won't be no schit....
*My Sarcasm is directly proportional
to the amount of Stupidity involved*
---------------------
VBA#03239
VROC#37400

VRA
---------------------
2014 Vaquero
2001 Nomad FI
2003 Street Glide (sold)
1500 Meanie, fresh rebuild (sold)
90s BUBF Bobber (sold)
2001 UltraCycle FatPounder (Sold)
1975 HD ElectraGlide (Sold)
1982 Kawasaki Z1 Chopper (Sold)
Suck It Up & Ride!

Last edited by DragonLady58; 03-25-2018 at 07:43 AM.