Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-13-2018, 04:51 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarr10 View Post
https://www.amazon.com/CURT-45507-Ve.../dp/B005CC315W

Says summit racing in the Link but I have no clue on the redirect. This one should work. I was wondering if this might clear the rear fender?
Certainly looks like it will clear the rear fender. I still highly doubt it will be needed. You don’t want the trailer perfectly level, it should ideally be just slightly tilted down, if that can’t be achieved, level at most.

I’m hoping to make a decision here this week and get a hitch ordered up. Still unsure of which way to go.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-13-2018, 08:23 PM   #32

Well, I bit the bullet and got this hitch straight from their website, it was $14 less than if I bought it from them on eBay, so it cost me $185 shipped.

http://traileretc.com/product/kawasa...ler-tow-hitch/

I think McHitch is closed for good and that one from Open Road that I posted a link for would cost me $350 shipped ( they want $50 to ship it!!). Even though I would have preferred to have it mount directly to the frame, I just don’t see the need for it after doing a LOT of research into this. I just haven’t found a single issue with these hitches that mount this way.

I also would have preferred a regular drawbar, but I have an idea for that addition to this hitch, so I’m not worried. What I like the most about this hitch is that it is one piece (well, two pieces when you count the tongue.)

Last edited by BonVoyager; 05-13-2018 at 08:27 PM.