Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 05-01-2018, 11:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg View Post
I took the flexible spacers out of my passenger backrest, then hacked them to pieces to make offset bolts to remount the backrest. That gained an inch or so.

Rick from Luverne Kawasaki (he's a member here, and has recently closed his business) did the custom job you've mentioned where the whole trunk was moved back a few inches. I asked him about it a few years ago, and he emailed me the photos below. He couldn't find any of the progress photos, just those of the finished product. The work entailed buying another set of chrome trim pieces and splicing them in so it looks OEM, and as we all know, OEM parts are certainly not cheap. That would have inflated the cost of the job.

It looks like beautiful work (as I've learned Rick is well known for), but it seemed well beyond what I'd be able to accomplish myself. So for me - that project never really got off the ground.
Wow, it certainly does look OEM, he did some nice work there. But ya, I bet it wasn't cheap though. It's hard to tell exactly what he did, it'd be nice to know, then perhaps a garage hack such as myself could maybe do it. Maybe.
Thanks for the info, maybe when I got a little more cash I will check out some of the custom shops near me.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-02-2018, 04:02 AM   #17

Rick's a stand-up guy. Send him a PM or email or call him using the contact details he provides in this thread. With any luck he'll help you out & explain how exactly he did the job?

Nothing screams poor workmanship like wrinkles in the duct tape
'02 1500 blonde Nomad (Sold) '97 800 burgundy Classic (Sold)

Tags
more room, passenger backrest, trunk