Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-27-2018, 09:13 PM   #1

vibrations

I just got a 2012 voyager and been trying to work out a couple bugs .
one of the things that I notice is when you are going about 70 and give it a lot of gas it vibrates till you let off.
I dont know if this is normal or not. Ive read alot about people wanting to get rid of their bike cause they didnt like the way it rode and then they got it Ivanizied and then it was great.
I dont know if this is one of the problems and getting it Ivanizied will fix it or there is another Problem. I hope you guys can help me and stear me in the right direction, Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-27-2018, 09:28 PM   #2

Your in to high a gear, next time downshift and give it a lot of gas.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 04-28-2018, 02:14 AM   #3

Ivan’s flash GREATLY improves that! I know exactly what you are talking about and it is gone now. It also takes care of that lugging feeling if you are in 5th or 6th at lower speeds.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:37 PM   #4

Ivanizing is not a fix all ( But mostly IT IS, for a number of issues), it really just makes the bike the way it should have been in the first place. But from what you described it should take care of what you have described. But only to an extent, to much gas in the wrong gear will do that with any bike. Try the down shift like recumbentbob suggested I still do even after Ivanizing.=Habit for me. No issues.

Keep in mind "the survey says" , Zero complaints, ZERO. on Ivanizing your bike.

Safe travels and enjoy your new bike

2016 1700 Vaquero 10/4/2016
2007 1500 Classic W/ Reckless Fairing, 42,000 miles
2004 600 Honda Shadow 18,000 miles
1989 500 Honda CX Custom 55,000 miles
1973 400 Kawi Triple 5,000 miles

Last edited by mbarr10; 04-28-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Old 04-28-2018, 08:53 PM   #5

Thanks guys , I will get it Ivanized . I down shifted today and it was a lot better but it still did it. Im hoping Ivan can fix the rest.
I never bought a used bike before , so im trying to figure out what needs attention and whats is just the bikes quirks.
Im wondering if anybody on this forum lives in RI or south coast of mass that woudn't mind meeting up one day and could compare.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-29-2018, 06:12 AM   #6

Have you ever owned a V twin before?
They have their own personality.
VBA #01084

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
"

Old 04-29-2018, 08:57 AM   #7

I had a vulcan 900 and a 1600 classic . I know they have vibrations but when I was doing 75 and in 6th < I gave it a little gas and it vibrated a lot , more than what I thought it would. Just cruise at 75 and the vibrations went away.
I went out yesterday and tried it again and down shifted and it was better , still vibrated but better.

Old 04-29-2018, 06:56 PM   #8
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrtrd View Post
Thanks guys , I will get it Ivanized . I down shifted today and it was a lot better but it still did it. Im hoping Ivan can fix the rest.
I never bought a used bike before , so im trying to figure out what needs attention and whats is just the bikes quirks.
Im wondering if anybody on this forum lives in RI or south coast of mass that woudn't mind meeting up one day and could compare.
So, how many miles on this skoot? Might need some new plugs if the mileage is up there and they haven't been changed out. How many miles on the air filter?

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 04-30-2018, 05:57 AM   #9

Here is my take on your issue

Quote:
I had a vulcan 900 and a 1600 classic . I know they have vibrations but when I was doing 75 and in 6th < I gave it a little gas and it vibrated a lot , more than what I thought it would. Just cruise at 75 and the vibrations went away.
I went out yesterday and tried it again and down shifted and it was better , still vibrated but better.
Greetings - from what I remember on my Pre-Ivan bike. The bike just smoothed out when it got to 3000 RPM's and right around 80 in 6th gear. Anything less than 3000 RPM it had a shudder when you would accelerate. In it's stock form that is just the way it was on the 3 Voyagers I owned.

Post Ivan ECU Flash.

I can now ride down to below 2000 RPM's in 6th gear and accelerate out of it. I sometimes chug along at 1600,1700 RPM's in 6th when riding back country roads. No lugging - enjoyable.

Here is an option for you - IVAN's shop is in Congers, Ny. Approx 200 miles from Providence. Take a road trip and he can Reflash your ECU while you wait - (I would call first to make sure he's gonna be there that day).

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/vn1700.htm

One word of note on the ECU flash - It really likes Premium Fuel for the best performance. I run Mid-Grade in mine and I'm happy with how it runs.

Good Luck - Happy Voyagering

Old 04-30-2018, 11:55 AM   #10

The bike has 20200 miles give or take

Old 05-01-2018, 08:07 PM   #11

Have another Voyager Owner take it for a ride

Quote:
The bike has 20200 miles give or take
Not sure where you are located but maybe you can find another Voyager owner to take your new scoot for a test ride. They should be able to tell you if what you are feeling/hearing is normal or abnormal.

I've test rode a few Voyagers all over the country giving feedback for issues just like yours.
(Some of the folks still speak to me!)