Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 03-16-2018, 10:30 PM   #1

Hilarious Bike Night Conversation

While I ride a Nomad I work for a local H-D dealer. Once a month I have to work a bike night showing off our products. Most of the time it is actually a good time getting to talk with other riders however there always seems to be “that one guy”. Most recently it was the rider talking about the 96 cubic inch he built up himself and that it will walk away from any new H-D and the BMW K1600 as his has 130hp at the real wheel 🙄. The hilarious part was he swore up and down that the first Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan engine was actually a H-D engine. Lmfao😂😂. Since I was working I had to to just smile and nod but after he stumbled off I had to shake my head and chuckle. Always has to be that guy lol.
VBA#2669

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 03-16-2018, 10:49 PM   #2
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by owcow View Post
While I ride a Nomad I work for a local H-D dealer. Once a month I have to work a bike night showing off our products. Most of the time it is actually a good time getting to talk with other riders however there always seems to be “that one guy”. Most recently it was the rider talking about the 96 cubic inch he built up himself and that it will walk away from any new H-D and the BMW K1600 as his has 130hp at the real wheel 🙄. The hilarious part was he swore up and down that the first Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan engine was actually a H-D engine. Lmfao😂😂. Since I was working I had to to just smile and nod but after he stumbled off I had to shake my head and chuckle. Always has to be that guy lol.
There always seems to one out there that has more ego than brains.

You make a living by what you get,
You make a life by what you give.

The measure of a man can be summed up by
how he treats people who are the least significant to him.

Old 03-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
Mega-Contributor

I'm just curious - do your co-workers treat you like a red headed stepchild since you ride something other than Harley-Davidson? Or does it matter at all to them?
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 03-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post
I'm just curious - do your co-workers treat you like a red headed stepchild since you ride something other than Harley-Davidson? Or does it matter at all to them?

It doesn’t bother them. Many of them have ridden metrics in the past or worked for a metric dealer. I bought my nomad used from the H-D dealer as it was a trade in with a REALLY good price. The only time I get any crap is when I have to remind them that HP and H-D don’t really belong in the same sentence. Lol.
VBA#2669