Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Wanted

Old 07-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #1

Looking for stock highway bar

All,

I recently dropped my 2005 1600 Nomad going through a dangerous turn. No one was hurt, and no damage to the bike other than a bent front left highway bar (which admirably did its job well).

I'm having no luck finding this part online, and the dealer hasn't been able to find it either. I assumed it was an OEM part, but it didn't show in any of the catalogs. Looking at Kawasaki's website only told me to go to the dealer for the part. I would prefer the original part, and not have to swap out both highway bars for a one-piece.

I've check Cobra and Ebay to no luck. I would appreciate any help anyone might be able to provide.

Best,
B.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #2

Awesome. Thanks for the link. I owe you big time.

Now, see, that is so funny to me though, because I had went in to the dealer with the correct part number (I had found the assembly instructions online in pdf format that had the same diagram you showed), and he STILL could not find what I was asking for. I even had one guy thinking i was referring to the engine guards, and he quoted me some ridiculous price of $360+. That was the sign I knew he didn't understand what I was talking about, so I didn't deal with him again.

I see a lot of posts about the dealer shops being very knowledgeable with regard to the little sport bikes, but knowing nothing about cruisers, and I'm inclined to believe it 100%. I find it particularly frustrating because I'm not mechanically inclined. I can swap out this part, change the oil, check the air pressure, but who can't do that? I have to rely on other people's expertise for these matters. Frustrating with a capital F.

Again, I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Best,
B.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 AM   #3

You can order any OEM parts from bikebandit.com and have them sent directly to your house via UPS. I buy all my Kawasaki parts from them.

Jeff