Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Riding > Motorcycle Safety/Riding Techniques

View Poll Results: What stops you as experienced riders from taking advanced rider training courses?
See no potential benefit 2 50.00%
Cost - too expensive 1 25.00%
Classes are too far away 1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2016, 04:40 PM   #1

Additional training

I have been lurking here since picking up my voyager this spring. Haven't really been jumping in much but now is as good a time as any I suppose.

Most of us, at one time or another, have had to listen to someone telling us how dangerous it is to ride a motorcycle. Anyone who feels obligated to provide us with this lecture clearly doesn't understand why we ride. The way I see it each of us have long since accepted our own level of risks and have come to terms with the fact that riding is intolerant of complacency or stupidity.

Many riders have taken a riding course of some sort or another either to learn how to ride or brush up on their basic skills. Now much more common than 15 years ago. As experience is gained on the street most of us will push ourselves toward the edge of our own comfort zone from time to time in an effort to improve the ride. On occasion I see riders get into a situation where more skill was needed than they possessed....and it never ends well.

So what is it that keeps you from pursuing additional training at a more advanced level? As an avid rider and deeply involved in rider training I am curious what the forum members thoughts are on additional rider training beyond the basic courses.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Last edited by gearhead759; 08-13-2016 at 08:18 PM.