Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 04-10-2008, 08:27 PM   #1

Gas Tank ?

I have a 04 FI. On my Honda's (carbed) I had a gas shut off! do not see one on the Nomad! ?
1: does the Nomad shut off work off vacuum?and when I remove the tank what shut off the fuel flow?

2:I want to power my GPS ,, I understand there are 2 Hot taps under the tank? 1 under the seat? do you have to remove the Tank or can you prop it up?? and what type of electrical plug do I need to connect ?
THANKS for the HELP!!!!!!!!!!! Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-10-2008, 08:30 PM   #2

Gas Tank ?

I remeber seeing a couple hot wires in the headlight bucket as well if I'm not mistaken.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #3

Gas Tank ?

Wolf,,,,,,,THANKs,,for the heads up....... Thats easier to get to I think ,, Need the wire in my GPS and a Cig Lighter.....and soon extra lights w/arelay......Ride Safe,,Rich

Old 04-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
Advanced Member

Gas Tank ?

Rich
When the fuel line is dissconected from the tank, you may lose a few drops, but not much more. The conncetion is a quick connect, like an air line fitting and will not allow any fuel out after removing. There are 2 hot wires and 2 ground wires available under the tank and the same under the seat. They are female bullet type conncetors and you may be able to access the undetrank ones by raising the tank (specially if ya got small hands). Hope this helps...

Mike

Mike Donahue
Morinville, AB
VBA#17

"Every day above ground is a good one!"

Old 04-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #5

Gas Tank ?

This link may help as well: http://www.gadgetjq.com/wiredrivinglights.htm

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 04-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #6

Gas Tank ?

I didnt have to remove my tank. Im using the hot wires under the seat and routing the wires along the wire bundle that is under and left of the tank.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:02 PM   #7

Gas Tank ?

As lomax stated earlier, other than a few drops , no fuel will leak when the lines are removed. You do have to remove the tank to get at the wires under the tank if you choose to use them. They are located at the front on the LH side near the radcap.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 04-11-2008, 05:32 AM   #8

Gas Tank ?

Wolf,Mike,Towering and Ring THANKS for ALL the INFO..... a BIG HELP....New to Nomads and Kaws (HONDAs since 71) never had Stock open Hot leads for goodies ::) Ride Safe,,,,,,,,,,,Rich

Old 04-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #9

Gas Tank ?

My 05 has a pos and neg in the head light and the under seat.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #10

Gas Tank ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhookman
My 05 has a pos and neg in the head light and the under seat.
GREAT,, Thats 3 for the headlight as well. Man I have ALOT of places to tap in,, THANKS again everyone...Rich

Old 04-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #11

Gas Tank ?

Just for clarity, there is NO gas valve (petc0ck) on your Nomad. An electric pump is inside the tank and it feeds out the gas only when the ignition is on. It is recommended that you run the tank almost empty before you try to remove it.

To access the taps under the tank, you can just unbolt the tank, lift the front, and shove a wood block under it. I have also tied it up to a rafter with a small rope so I can get to the radiator cap and the wires and hoses. If you take it off it really helps to have an assistant hold the tank while you diddle with the hoses and wires.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #12

Gas Tank ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddmannq
Just for clarity, there is NO gas valve (petc0ck) on your Nomad. An electric pump is inside the tank and it feeds out the gas only when the ignition is on. It is recommended that you run the tank almost empty before you try to remove it.

To access the taps under the tank, you can just unbolt the tank, lift the front, and shove a wood block under it. I have also tied it up to a rafter with a small rope so I can get to the radiator cap and the wires and hoses. If you take it off it really helps to have an assistant hold the tank while you diddle with the hoses and wires.
GREAT advice,, THANks, On the Hondas (carbed) I allways had a Petcock.. so alot of little things to learn about the Nomad :0.Glad this place is here.............Rich