Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 05-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #1

Shot at 377 times?????

That's over 16 shots an officer. The old west was never this bad, although their firepower was limited.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06...ises-concerns/

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #2

WOW !
Talk about out of control, and then laugh about it after
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 05-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
WOW !
Talk about out of control, and then laugh about it after
. . . and shot two of their own.

. . . and disregarded the orders of supervision.

I don't much care about the POS alleged felon but he had a passenger with no criminal record and a surrounding neighborhood that was put under siege.

Seems this was a day to be the Judge, Jury and executioner. This is becoming/is a local problem here (Clark Co., NV) depending on who you talk to and it all leads to lack of proper training and supervision.

Oldest Saloon In Nevada
http://www.pioneersaloon.info/

"Sin City Stan"
Henderson, NV
VBA #01004
VROC #29365
2004 Nomad 1500L5 +100 "The Bike"
2009 Nomad 1700 (past)
2004 Vulcan Classic 800 (past)
2010 Cortez - 2011 Crescent City - 2012 Kanab - 2013 Estes Park

Old 05-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #4
Advanced Member

So one fires the first shot for whatever reason which seems to be the mistake.

Then the others return fire in the confusion not knowing where the first shot came from, only knowing there's and officer that's been shot by an armed suspect and shots are being " exchanged " with the target " suspect vehicle".

Sad, unfortunate and reckless. Someone knows who fired the first shot and hopefully his actions will be addressed. a lot of mistakes and carelessness by many.

It's very unnerving and I would like to see more, a lot to be learned from this one.
(kawboysix)

Old 05-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #5

Put your hands up and surrender so I can put a bullet in your head.

2010 Nomad 1700
Metallic Diablo Black/Metallic Titanium

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 05-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #6

SoCal is infamous for out-of-control police. The problem started back in the day, when Parker became chief of LAPD. He militarized police, engrained an attitude of us v. them. Now the police is an occupying force, especially LAPD and LA Co. sheriff. All cops are way too quick to use deadly force, especially against those with mental health issues.

Old 05-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
Top Contributor

What surprises me more is they are supposed to be trained but they can't hit a sitting car?
VBA 213
VROC 16913

Custer 09: Cortez 10: Crescent City 11: Kanab 12: Estes Park 13: Tahoe 14: Red Lodge 16

Old 05-09-2014, 01:58 PM   #8

Seattle/Lake City had a similar event a couple of years ago........some yahoo shot 4 police officers to death in a coffee shop early one morning. Every cop in Washington was looking for his butt (they had multiple witnesses and proof of who the guy was). It would have been the same thing if he had been cornered, as it was, one cop found him a couple of nights later. Result.........perp was shot dead. He was armed. The "mob mentality" can take over anyone if the conditions are right.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #9

Bizarre, they are lucky they didn't kill any of there own or innocent people in the area.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136

Old 05-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #10

WOW. Talk about stupid.
1996 800A Customized (SOLD)
2001 1500 Nomad (The Mistress)
2013 Voyager

2014 SE Rally - Elkins, WV
2016 SE Rally - Helen, Ga

Old 05-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #11

And police wonder why people try to run from them.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #12
Top Contributor

Don't expect things to get any better anytime soon. With all the PD's getting military equipment (Armored assault vehicles, sniper weapons, etc.) and establishing SWAT teams, the natural outcome will be for them to look for excuses to use them.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 05-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #13

Wow! Looks like the tax payers need to hold their police departments more accountable and a serious review of supervision, training and overall communication. Glad no citizens were injured.
Sold: Red 1999 Vulcan 1500 Nomad G1A
VBA# 2713, VROC #36569, TXVROC, American Legion Riders, VFW, VFD, NRA

Old 05-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #14

Sin City Stan.... Ts makes me truly sick to my stomach! As a police supervisor this entire call was doomed from the start. Tunnel vision became the beginining of all the problems. Individual officers refused to listen to lawful, clear, concise orders to cease their actions on all fronts. Granted, I understand the frustration of so many of the members on here who have voiced their concern over the manner with which officers have to arm themselves. Let me speak freely for just a moment... If you are outgunned by the criminal elements are you going to just roll over and give up? Cease to protect those in your community? No! The streets are becoming a literal war zone due to the ever increasing violence so prevalent in today's criminal gangs, as well as in your run of the mill small towns. While having an officer in uniform simply arrive on scene used to bring calm to an otherwise angry crowd, now it simply enrages those on scene. The public calls us for help based on the actions of their loved ones (talking domestics here), yet when it comes time to arrest the offender, who had battered the caller, everyone is now turned against the officer. This is who officers get physically injured, and often killed. So... What would you do? What course of action would you recommend if you wore the badge? I mean this from the bottom of my heart. What happened in Miami is criminally wrong in every sense of the word!! None of them should ever be allowed to wear a badge again... But I'm sorry... When faced with a deadly threat my job is to go home to my family. If a lethal threat is presented to me, I will do everything within my pore to minimize the danger to everyone involved, including me... But in the end, I will not roll over and play dead.... Or Mr. Nice guy... You threaten me with death, then my only recourse is to shoot to live, so I can go home to my family. If this means they lose their life.... Then so be it. As for dealing with citizens in mental distress. This now magnifies everything we just discussed ten fold. The danger to officers and each member of the public is magnified. As a trainer, this is where I recommend we first try and talk calmy, no matter how long it takes, to try and bring a successful end to the problem. However, while speaking in this manner I still have to be prepared to take action. The comments above are my personal points of view. While I may not have answered all of the questions, I have tried my best to do so. Let me end with this... If you were in the officers shoes on a daily basis, what would you do? I don't mean in regards to the Miami call... But cals in general. So many times, people want to armchair quarterback someone for their actions when they themselves wouldn't even begin to stand in the gap to ensure crimes aren't committed....

Old 05-09-2014, 10:48 PM   #15

Yellow Jacket,

Really? I don't know your background, but I have recently retired from the military after 27 years. Had multiple deployments to combat zones and peacekeeping missions, as well as over two decades on the streets as a cop. Why would we NOT get sniper weapons, armored vehicles and SWAT teams? The criminal element has so much more firepower than the days of Mayberry, RFD.... Are you willing to take on a gang of violent males and females armed with 7.62caliber assault rifles (SKS and AK47), as well as explosives, knives, and often bombs? How does one prepare to defend and protect the citizens of our towns? Who responds to get you when you're held hostage by some nutjob who has decided today is the day to walk into your bank, school, or church and begin systematically executing adults and children because they felt they had been denied what was due them? Really? My job is to protect the citizens of my community as best I can, even up to and including my life if need be so they can be free. What's the answer to this ever in increasing problem? Disarm the police? I don't think so... Again... Just my personal opinion.