Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > New Member Introductions

Old 12-18-2008, 08:37 PM   #1
Advanced Member

New Member- Central Ohio

Wanted to say HI to everyone and let it be known it is official! I am a thrilled new owner of an '08 Nomad. That is the good news, bad news is that I have it in storage at the dealer. Paid for it during an ice storm and wouldn't have even tried trailering it home that night. Let them keep it nice and warm for me until it is safe to get out, but I might have to stop in for a few visits I am sure!

This makes my third new Kawasaki, a 500 H!, and a KZ 650 I sold recently. I looked at every motorcycle above 900cc from almost every manufacturer and would not buy until I looked at a Nomad, and wow am I glad I waited... it fits me perfectly! My only concern will be the need to take my time getting used to the difference in size from my old one.

After not riding for a few years this is a dream come true for me to be in a position to have some time off and the resources to travel on a motorcycle that will not beat me up. One trip to Fla. on the 650 years ago convinced me I wanted something much more comfortable. Think I found it?

Planning trips already, one or two with my sister in KY who has a Honda Shadow, some rides to my campsite and to Hocking hills here in Ohio with my SO. The one I am looking forward to the most is after I get my GPS mounted (I get lost easily and do want to make it back home eventually) to head off in one direction yet to be decided, with no destination in mind... for a week, maybe two. My favorite expression "nowhere to go and all day to get there" has new meaning now

Thanks for letting me ramble, I will be checking in regularly at least until the bike is home safe and WARM!

Jack Cooksey

Login or Register to Remove Ads