Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Old 10-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to rickyboy
customer service

Hey there Bros. and Sisters,

I got this in an email and found it interesting. We have some of the same outsourcing issues like you in the US. of A. You want to know something about your power bill, or phone bill and you get somebody in India. What's up with that??? I was talking to a rep. {don't remember what Co.} in eastern Canada and couldn't understand them. They were French Canadian. I apologized said I needed to speak to someone that didn't have such a strong accent. She said "no problem" and hooked me up with some other rep..
Can't hurt to try this out.

Subject: Customer service!!!
Try to remember this EVERY TIME you have to talk to a customer service representative And you cannot understand them. I did not know that we could do this, but I sure am going to try it. Help bring jobs back to the U.S.A. & Canada.. Ask for an American/Canadian.
How to save some American and Canadian jobs and we can help!

Hi Everyone, I want to share with you some great information that I found out purely by accident. I believe it can also save and create jobs in America while giving people better customer service.

So how many times have you called a companies service phone line and found that the rep. can barely speak English? Once with a major mortgage company it was so bad I demanded to speak with someone who spoke English. Right at that moment I broke the code, the secret password for customer service. Come to find out that every American & Canadian company using overseas operators must transfer you to an American or Canadian rep. by saying.......

"I want to speak to a representative in Canada or the USA"

(Don't take no for an answer on this!!)

This was confirmed by the American & Canadian reps. that they must transfer you after that request. I've tried it on a half a dozen major companies including cable, bank, phone and mortgage companies. It works every time and I actually get my issues taken care of.

Nomad'a What !
"rickyboy"

Richard Cole
Canada West Region
108 Mile Ranch, British Columbia
Canada
Vulcan Bagger Assoc. #00722
Black 2006 Nomad

https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/ico...Book_32x32.png

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
Top Contributor

customer service

Thanks! That's some good information.

Bob
KawaNOW/VBA 210
Green/Silver 2006
Patriot Guard Riders 2009

Old 10-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #3

customer service

I'll have to try that, I was ready to sign up for swahili lessons so I could talk to some of them. Thanks!

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951

Old 10-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #4
Mega-Contributor

customer service

I work with a lot of Indians, Pakistanis, Malaysians, and some other nationalities I'm not too sure about. ??? It's common in the IT industry. They are nice folks but the language barrier makes them difficult to work with. A lot of time is wasted making them repeat things.

Years ago, I working a problem with an HACMP subsystem on a pair of IBM S80 servers in the middle of the night. One wrong move and a bunch of production databases would be down. I was on the phone with "Mike" from IBM (in Bangalore) and I was having a real hard time understanding him. I was worried I'd mis-translate his instructions and cause a major outage, so I made him send me commands via email. It took forever, but I got the systems fixed with no outages.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17