Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 12-18-2008, 03:58 AM   #1

Slip-on's (opinions)

Okay you guys who have slip-on's. I'm currently running the cobra true duals. I'm looking to purchase some Harley or other brand slip-on's. I'm looking for some with a little attitude for my BAGITUDE!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 12-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
Advanced Member

Slip-on's (opinions)

A) you need to check the outlet pipe's diameter ( OD ) before you just put on new slip on's. The many Muffler's ( slip on's ) out there are usually 1 3/4" - standard size for H.D.
B) I am running Supertrapp SE with the none removable baffles. Not overly loud - ears don't ring after a long ride. I ride with a bunch of Harley guys and even they like the sound ( for what it's worth?)
C) Gadget's page has some good options if you want loud ( Thunder Header slip-on's) ( Rush slip-on's) ( Samson makes a wicked loud muffler)

Old 12-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #3

Slip-on's (opinions)

I put some Screamin' Eagles on mostly for the looks, but they have a nice sound - pretty quiet though. If you want volume, you'll have to go with the aftermarket companies, like V&H, Bassani, or any of the other 50 or so companies, but they get pretty pricey. I was thinking of toying with the baffles in mine because they are supposedly removeable.

Oh, one other thing, most of the articles you'll see for how to mount HD mufflers are shown for V&H headers. I have the Cobras and they are a different length, so the bolt holes on the muffler line up differently with the holes in the brackets. In fact, one muffler bolt hole is almost directly beneath a bracket hole. In short, it doesn't look quite as clean as the it does on the V&H, but it's still pretty hidden by the bags.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:03 PM   #4
Sr. Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to blowndodge
Slip-on's (opinions)

SWB's and Todd's wife swear by em' !!!

There are two types of Harley riders. Those that trailer them and those that push them.

The most Interesting Man in the World
"Find the things in life you don't do well and don't do those things"

Member # 0005

Old 12-19-2008, 10:52 PM   #5

Slip-on's (opinions)

Thanx for the info especially about the length of Cobra head pipes. I have seen the rush advertised on Ebay for pretty inexpensive so maybe that will be my next winter project. Anyone know the quality of Rush?

Login or Register to Remove Ads