Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > Vulcan Nomad/Vaquero/Voyager

Old 06-09-2012, 05:16 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhead View Post

You omitted TC along with BD and CJ in the crotchety bstrd(s) category. Get your act together! You been here long enough, and ought to know better.

shhhhhh.....I intentionally left Mr Wilson .....uhhhhh I mean TC off the list.....he is really cranky and scares the bejeeezuz out of me

So what kind of oil do all you guys use?
VBA #659
2003 Nomad 1500 (Gone but never forgotten)
2005 Honda ST1300 - Sweet and still kickin
2006 Honda Goldwing - Best Boat in the Marina

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #32

Quote:
If I catch a question from our much appreciated new members, I'll do a search and find the answer for them until they learn their way around. It's like showing a new co-worker where the rest room and cafeteria is. It's a good idea to do a fair amount of research before working on any motorcycle.

Yeah Mike, we know you are a big teddy bear and always willing to help out your fellow man.

TC.......you're mean as hell.
I'm not mean. I'm just not afraid to voicwe my opinion.
People don't always agree with it and some are just not willing to admit they agree with it.

I just know there is going to be a eight page thread of people defending you against those two remarks.

What remarks? You mean when I said;
Some of the new members ask the same questions over and over. Not all, but some of the questions have answers that are so obvious the question seems, shall we say, not worth posting or the time it takes to answer.
Well I stand by that statement except, as CJ said, sometimes it is not just new members. You know who you are.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 06-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #33
Mega-Contributor

Since you folks want to keep flogging this horse...

This had nothing to do with new members. Even someone (what was that, Mike...crotchety?) like me knows that we need a constant influx of new members to grow the forum. I give most new members a chance, unless they come on here and act like total dicks, like the guy who wanted an engine on his first post.

This was about veteran members who post meaningless drivel. I (and my cohorts) responded by posting even more meaningless drivel and still got tons of replies. <shakes head>

It was all in fun, guys. Don't take it too hard.

You think I'm a jerk now, just wait 'til you meet me in person.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #34

As Kawhead said, time for individual hugs for everyone, shirts optional. CJ and TC will have a booth at the National next year to make amends to all. $.05 per hug, proceeds to the beer fund.
2003 BMW K1200LT "Magic Carpet" DOA 11/7/2015
VBA #00291
IBA # 41995
DS #320
'08 Elkins, WV; '09 Helen, GA; '09 Custer, SD; '10 Stanton, VA; '11 Maggie Valley; '12 Townsend, TN; '13 Estes Park; '13 Blairsville, GA; '15 Eureka Springs; '16 Helen; '18 Custer, SD

Old 06-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusjack View Post

This had nothing to do with new members. Even someone (what was that, Mike...crotchety?) like me knows that we need a constant influx of new members to grow the forum. I give most new members a chance, unless they come on here and act like total dicks, like the guy who wanted an engine on his first post.

This was about veteran members who post meaningless drivel. I (and my cohorts) responded by posting even more meaningless drivel and still got tons of replies. <shakes head>

What, you mean I was wrong in my assumption? That's the first time that has ever happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coacha View Post
As Kawhead said, time for individual hugs for everyone, shirts optional. CJ and TC will have a booth at the National next year to make amends to all. $.05 per hug, proceeds to the beer fund.
If you think I would hug some of these guy on here for 5 cents you are
I wouldn't get that close to any of them for less than $5.

I know Brad is going to have some smartass remark about that so before you do Brad, I'm not going to acknowledge you.
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 06-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #36

Location: 6th Floor up at the The Nervous Hospital up in East Central State, NC
Quote:

When we eventually meet one day for your jerk demonstration, can you perform it with TC? Maybe have a jerk to the death match!

You ain't mad is you Boo?

??-Mar.2,2012 "Rocky" My Beloved Dog RIP

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 06-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #37
Mega-Contributor

Quote:
When we eventually meet one day for your jerk demonstration, can you perform it with TC? Maybe have a jerk to the death match!

We've already met.
VBA #00105
H.O.G. #4250060

2011 H-D Ultra Limited 103ci

:: 2011 HD Electra Glide Ultra Limited w/Stage 1 ::

Rallies: Mesquite '08|Custer '09|Cortez '10|Crescent City '11|Kanab '12|Antlers '12|Estes Park '13|Antlers '13|Orofino '14|The Dalles '17

Old 06-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #38

I'm with Chili after 30years of ridding it may seem dumb to me but for someone just getting started they need somewhere to ask. I rember not wanting to ask the guys I first started ridding around with just so they would not think me dumb. Would loved to have a place like this to get the answers. Thanks to all for still posting when I ask the big dumb one.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:16 PM   #39

Quote:

Hey, what kinda talk is that Mike? Geez, I thought we were friends.
VBA #9

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 06-10-2012, 01:51 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
Hey, what kinda talk is that Mike? Geez, I thought we were friends.
Indeed we are! Very much so!
But, we got this recession going on and I got to look out for me and mine. We friends, but in a match like that my money is on CJ!

Quote:
We've already met.
Yeah, but that was on that alien space craft and that light beam gave us one helluvatrip! Them was some wierd looking skinny fellers with the big eyes and spindly arms They wound up taking some skin samples, rammed some kinda probe up my rear, and examined my genitalia. Before they would let me go, I had to have relations with this weird looking blue-green colored babe with some human features. I've done much worse, so what the hey?

You're right............Custer.

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

"The shoes you buy at the Salvation Army is already been broke in"- Aunt Kawhead

Old 06-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #41

As a new member, I'd like to add that I appreciate the answers to questions, even if they aren't high tech related. Just because it's been asked before doesn't mean there isnt some new technology or product that would make a current answer more relevant. Just a stupid new guys 2 cents...
VBA #02048
"Life is what happens while your busy making plans."- John Lennon

Old 06-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
As a new member, I'd like to add that I appreciate the answers to questions, even if they aren't high tech related. Just because it's been asked before doesn't mean there isnt some new technology or product that would make a current answer more relevant. Just a stupid new guys 2 cents...
Don't pay this thread any attention!

We're just carrying on with each other to break up the monotony. It happen all the time.

Don' know why.

Welcome to the board from rainy North Carolina!!!!

Mike Tripp
VBA#767
'96 800 Vulcan Classic
06 1600 Nomad
07 1600 Nomad

Old 06-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Quote:
Don't pay this thread any attention!

We're just carrying on with each other to break up the monotony. It happen all the time.

Don' know why.

Welcome to the board from rainy North Carolina!!!!

Kawahead is right. Some times, OK lots of times we just jerk each others chain for fun. Many of us have meet, or have been yaking back and forth enough to know we can get away with it.

Norm Ward
2008 blue / silver nomad
kawanow / VBA #01136