Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Old 08-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #1

Invite to VR's "OctoVRrally"

Hi folks!

Me and some old buddies at Volusiariders.com are holding a little rally which will kind of mark the end of the rally season for us Yankees and I wanted to extend the invitation to anyone here who might be interested to join.

The rally will be held at the Lake 'n' Pines Motel in Cooperstown, NY on October 3-5 (two nights) and we are planning on visiting a local microbrewery and take some of the good stuff back to the motel for a little party.

We negotiated the room rate down to $84/night, taxes included. Reservations should be made soon. Here's a link to the VR site with all the details. If interested, please post here if you will make (or are planning to make) a reservation.

LINK TO VOLUSIARIDERS.COM

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-24-2008, 10:25 PM   #2

Just ONE micro-brewery? There are two in the area and some wineries as well. I'm not a wine afficianado so I can't answer questions about them.

However, one brewery is over by Clark's sports complex and it brews in the Belgian style. That type of beer is quite a bit different than a lot of people are used to. It's called the Ommegang brewery. Do a google search and they'll pop right up.

The second brewery is located just down the road (Rt 28) in the town of Milford. It's called the Cooperstown Brewery and is located in an old cheese factory. Most folks like it and it's brewed in a more traditional manner.

Here's a GREAT idea for dinner or lunch. Brook's BBQ Chicken. It's on Rt 7 just on the edge of Oneonta. You can take 28 south till it runs into 7 (just before you hit I-88). Take a right on 7 and Brook's is just down the road on the left. DON'T miss out on Brook's!!!

I'm originally from the area so I'm pretty familier with what's available there. If you're looking for something in particular, let me know and I'll try to help best I can.

I don't know about making the rally, although I have a cheap place to stay (my folk's house), even though I'll be on vacation then. I'm planning on heading the other way and seeing the sights in the Alleghenies of PA.

Russ

Fraternal Order of Police, NY Lodge 50
American Legion, NY Post 616
Legion Riders, NY Post 259
Patriot Guard Riders

"A democracy is two wolves deciding on lunch, freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of that decision." - Ben Franklin

Old 08-25-2008, 04:51 AM   #3

Hi, yes the emphasis in on riding, not touring breweried but we will visit the Ommegang Brewery. We only have one riding day (Saturday) and the route planned so far is about 120 miles - which is about as long as you want to ride in a group of 40 with mixed riding experiences. The real fun never stops after the riding, though ;) Thanks for the BBQ tip - will pass that to the route planners!!

Old 08-25-2008, 05:12 AM   #4

Carsten,,I may be in NH around that time. I see if the dates are set yet,,, I will also be posting here,, NO Breweries BUT several BEER stores :) Rich

Old 08-25-2008, 07:47 AM   #5

Rich, that would be a nice opportunity to meet although I realize it's a lenghty drive and who knows what the weather is like... we'll have to get together sooner or later ;)

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 08-25-2008, 05:05 PM   #6

Carsten,, I see what happens,,, I may be going in for a Full Knee replacement sooner then planned,,, Just call me Mentalman,, I mean Metalman ::) Rich

Old 08-25-2008, 06:48 PM   #7

Ouch, that is a heck of a surgery but I hope it will be successful ;) Do stay in touch!!!

Old 08-27-2008, 05:14 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to donguer Send a message via Yahoo to donguer

Carsten,
As it is for you this is an opprtunity to meet with my former Bretheren(VR members).
I'll check with the wife to see if its a good time for us. Our leader here Beezer is also a VR member. There are quite a few here.
We should be careful the Volusia/Boulevard riders may want to come over to the (Nomad) DARK SIDE! ;)

Old 08-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #9

Haha Don, you know my motto: "It's THAT you ride!" Last rally we had several HDs, a Stratoliner, Nomad, a small Honda and even a Suzuki Burgman. It's all about comraderie, no one looks at the other for what they ride ... as long as they DO ride. Many VR folks are ready to upgrade and the Nomad is high on their list.

Would be a pleasure and an honour to have Kawa folks join the VR rally :)

Old 08-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #10
Top Contributor

sweetlu said the rates are $85-95 and the rates on the website say $65. Am I missing something here? http://www.lakenpinesmotel.com/

Old 08-28-2008, 05:00 AM   #11

Beez, the WEEKEND rates are higher than the WEEKDAY rates. We are there Friday to Sunday, hence we pay the slightly higher rate.

Again, my 2P/1B comes to $84/night, taxes included but I share with a lady friend ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer
sweetlu said the rates are $85-95 and the rates on the website say $65. Am I missing something here? http://www.lakenpinesmotel.com/

Old 08-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to donguer Send a message via Yahoo to donguer

I had the Honor of meeting Sweetlu once...Once! :)

Old 08-28-2008, 10:26 AM   #13

He's such a nice and funny guy. I had the idea of a fall rally but he put it into life. All of the local VR folks are great people!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donguer
I had the Honor of meeting Sweetlu once...Once! :)

Old 08-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #14
Top Contributor

I rode with sweetlu, pac50t (twice), wintergreen, switchback and Anderson from the VR. All nice people. All the people I've met from here are very nice as well.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:20 AM   #15
Top Contributor

I'm the one you have to watch

Ok, who else is in?