Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Old 07-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
Advanced Member

Who's been to Vermont?

I can't come up with a friggin' thing for a mascot so whatever most other people like is fine with me. Who's been to Vermont? Where'd you go and when? I been to ME, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY several times and PA a few times, spent a miserable summer in NJ (basic training), think I was in DE, but not sure. Passed through Maryland, Ohio, and Indiana in transit. Have never been to Michigan, but would love to visit.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-15-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
Top Contributor

Who's been to Vermont?

I worked in Stowe in the 70's and skied Okemo in the late 90's.

Old 07-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #3

Who's been to Vermont?

Cindy and I did an overnighter in Vermont.
We skirted the eastern and northern NY border. Then crossed into Vermont and rode the Grand Island then back into NY.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-16-2008, 07:33 AM   #4

Who's been to Vermont?

I have vacationed there. Great roads, food, hotels, etc. around Killington. Ski area in the winter, but great off-season prices and motorcycle roads in the summer. Super ride from there up to Burlington area (Cabot Cheese store in Waterbury) have lunch on the lake shore, take the ferry across Lake Champlain, Head south, and take 22 along the Lake and back into Vermont. All day ride, but a great one.

I'm sure there are many other great areas in Vermont, but the Killington area was super. We stayed at the Inn of the Six Mountains. I hope to return some other summer.

http://www.sixmountains.com/

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:51 AM   #5

Who's been to Vermont?

Hey Bruce
When you live in New England it's mandatory to visit all the states. I was just in Vermont Sunday (Hogback Mountain). Driven thru on many a day trip.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #6

Who's been to Vermont?

Been there twice on motorcycle. It's worth it. Just head toward any ski resort and the roads are awesome. One favorite is running the notch from Bristol over to Mad River Glenn. Can you say down hill decreasing turning radius- remember to counter steer!

Steve

Old 07-16-2008, 03:21 PM   #7
Advanced Member

Who's been to Vermont?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank
I have vacationed there. Great roads, food, hotels, etc. around Killington. Ski area in the winter, but great off-season prices and motorcycle roads in the summer. Super ride from there up to Burlington area (Cabot Cheese store in Waterbury) have lunch on the lake shore, take the ferry across Lake Champlain, Head south, and take 22 along the Lake and back into Vermont. All day ride, but a great one.

I'm sure there are many other great areas in Vermont, but the Killington area was super. We stayed at the Inn of the Six Mountains. I hope to return some other summer.

http://www.sixmountains.com/
I live about 18 miles due east as the crow flies from Killington. You must have gone up route 100 to get from Killington to Waterbury. Glad you had a good time. Lots of people come here to ride in that area.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #8
Advanced Member

Who's been to Vermont?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Steve
Been there twice on motorcycle. It's worth it. Just head toward any ski resort and the roads are awesome. One favorite is running the notch from Bristol over to Mad River Glenn. Can you say down hill decreasing turning radius- remember to counter steer!

Steve
Lots of people like to ride the gaps, Bristol to Waitsfield on route 17 (Appalachian Gap) south on 100, west on 125 from Hancock to Middlebury (Middlebury Gap) then south on route 7 to Brandon and east on 73 to Rochester (Brandon Gap). Then from Rochester east on Bethel Mountain/Camp Brook Road into Bethel. Some people even like to ride the Lincoln Gap just south of 17 though it is a dirt road.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:15 AM   #9

Who's been to Vermont?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinchef
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank
I live about 18 miles due east as the crow flies from Killington. You must have gone up route 100 to get from Killington to Waterbury. Glad you had a good time. Lots of people come here to ride in that area.
In fact if the picture is of your store, I actually stopped there on my trip.

Dan K
Member #100
2009 ST1300: Performance exceeding even Victory riders' boasts.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #10
Advanced Member

Who's been to Vermont?

The West Hartford Village Store is about 3 miles down out of the hills from where I live. It is on route 14.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #11

Who's been to Vermont?

Denise and I have stayed at the Von Trapp Lodge in Stowe and spent almost a week vacationing ( on the bike) on North Hero Island on lake Champlain. Awesome place to go.

vin

Old 07-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #12

Who's been to Vermont?

I got lost driving in Quebec years ago, and somehow crossed into Vermont by accident. I guess there where still some back roads with no border crossings back then.

2002 Nomad aka Bountyhunter
VBA #27
VROC #18951