Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Old 10-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #61

Invite to VR's "OctoVRrally"

Will do
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-07-2008, 03:25 PM   #62
Top Contributor

It rained on our way up TC.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by moenko
The brewery was neat, got to taste all the beers they made and, of course, purchase some. Now, Brook's BBQ - I gotta be honest, my pork ribs had a lot of fat on them and the BBQ sauce was just a bit on the sweet side for my taste (sorry - I guess I'm spoiled from having lived in Texas for a while, and their Brisket is the REAL BBQ).

Ahh, there's the problem. Brooks is known for their chicken. You can't go wrong there. They do it on open pits. For pork and beef you have to go south. Sorry it didn't live up to the hype I gave it. But, that's OK.

I went to Cooperstown today to wander around. It amazes me how things have changed since I was younger. The bars I used to go to are renamed and made more up scale. The theater I used to go to as a kid for my movies is a collectibles shop. I think the owner thought I was nuts, I wandered through there chuckling to myself. They even changed the entrance to the Hall of Fame. It used to be like entering an old ball park, turnstiles and all. Now it's like any other museum. Oh well.

I'm thinking of heading back on Friday or Saturday and catching a ball game at Doubleday. They have double headers all weekend. It should be fun. The riding is always great this time of year so it's worth it for that.

Russ

Fraternal Order of Police, NY Lodge 50
American Legion, NY Post 616
Legion Riders, NY Post 259
Patriot Guard Riders

"A democracy is two wolves deciding on lunch, freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of that decision." - Ben Franklin

Old 10-07-2008, 06:40 PM   #64

BK, never mind, I didn't know the chicken is king at Brook's or I would have ordered one ::) Still a nice lunch with a good salad and a cozy atmosphere. It's a nice spot, that Cooperstown area!!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:42 PM   #65
Top Contributor

I noticed the chicken was very good. I could taste the wood smoke in it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads