Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #1

Guys with 1700 heat problems, let me know here.

Ok, I've seen enough and received enough emails to know there is a real issue for some of these bikes. These are water cooled bikes and should not go into the red if your in traffic for a bit or working a marathon. That's why most of us went with a water cooled bike instead of other options. I was an MSF instructor and water cooled bikes should be able to work in the course at slow speeds without overheating unless there's a problem. As a former GM of a dealership, I know that we have to provide Kawi with enough input and info to force their hand. What I'm asking is for those of you that have the same problem to reply here and get any others from other sites to consolidate their info here or they can email me directly. I will take the info and put it together then start hammering away at Kawi. Sooner or later Kawi and the rep will have to deal with it or we make it tougher for them to keep selling 1700's without addressing the problem. I don't want another guy shelling out the cash I did or taking a loan out and then being told he just lost 40% of his investment and to top it off you can't enjoy riding it. Pass the info, at some point I will probably need contact info for everyone. for now lets just compile a list to add them up. Thanks and I will keep everyone posted.

Login or Register to Remove Ads