Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Regional Groups > Regional Groups > NorthEast Group

Old 07-14-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
Top Contributor

Finger Lakes Thread - Nomaddict's Rally 6/18-21/09

Ok, first of all I'd like to thank you guys for holding out on volunteering for this job :(" title="" border="0"/>
I was played
So now that you see how easy I am you can also see I'll need input in regards to Routes which Ole Dawg will be in charge of and also a motel where we can have our group gathering.
My plan is to find a place in the middle of the 4 main Finger Lakes of the New York State Finger Lakes Region. I need someone to bird dog a good place to stay for a group of 25-50 rooms. The first day after the greet and eat after everyone rides in we will have 2 groups at this point depending on their size. One group will have a ride leader and go around the 2 lakes to the East for their first day's ride around Skaneateles and Owasko while the other group and their perspective ride leader will head West around Seneca and Cayuga. The following day we will flipflop these so everyone gets 2 nice days of beautiful lake scenery and countryside.

That's my thoughts on a nice get together. It may not be all twisty and turny but it will be a beautiful ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Top Contributor

Here's a map that I brought over from Trip's thread that seemed like a good tool

[/quote

Old 07-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #3

Sounds like a good plan Beez. I have ridden the finger lakes region and it is as you say a beautiful ride.
I'll help you guys any way you want. Let me know.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cat (TC)
Sounds like a good plan Beez. I have ridden the finger lakes region and it is as you say a beautiful ride.
I'll help you guys any way you want. Let me know.
That's great TC. I knew I could count on you :)

Old 07-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer
Ok, first of all I'd like to thank you guys for holding out on volunteering for this job :(" title="" border="0"/>
I was played
So now that you see how easy I am you can also see I'll need input in regards to Routes which Ole Dawg will be in charge of and also a motel where we can have our group gathering.
My plan is to find a place in the middle of the 4 main Finger Lakes of the New York State Finger Lakes Region. I need someone to bird dog a good place to stay for a group of 25-50 rooms. The first day after the greet and eat after everyone rides in we will have 2 groups at this point depending on their size. One group will have a ride leader and go around the 2 lakes to the East for their first day's ride around Skaneateles and Owasko while the other group and their perspective ride leader will head West around Seneca and Cayuga. The following day we will flipflop these so everyone gets 2 nice days of beautiful lake scenery and countryside.

That's my thoughts on a nice get together. It may not be all twisty and turny but it will be a beautiful ride.
Beez,, a few years ago we stayed at the RAMADA in New Hartford,,, THEY WERE VERY biker friendly..we had 50 bikes..They gave us the maint area to park our bikes,1 way in and had a GATE,,Next to the POOL :).... Thats all I know of the area...followed otheres on the rides... BUT may be able to get a BUD in Rochester to give me some info.......Rich

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 07-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
Top Contributor

Dirty Steve lives between Owasko and Skaneateles and said Auburn is the most centrally located place with 4 hotels. I hope they are biker friendly in regards to commaraderie in the parking lot like they were in Elkins.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #7

Ill be getting a call from Ramada tomorrow,, so I will have info on prices,, so it will beanother option,, Osweago was a nice ride from there..as well as the Baseball hall of Fame... a Hotel CLOSER is a BIG +.. Im game for what ever happens :)...and my ride will be about 8/10 hrs to get there..SO VERY doable Rich

Old 07-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #8
Top Contributor

I can't believe how many hotels motels are booked for the weekends of the 19th. and 26 of July. I'm not sure how far in advance Kawagirl had to made reservation for Elkins but the sooner the better.
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #9
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by radco
Ill be getting a call from Ramada tomorrow,, so I will have info on prices,, so it will beanother option,, Osweago was a nice ride from there..as well as the Baseball hall of Fame... a Hotel CLOSER is a BIG +.. Im game for what ever happens :)...and my ride will be about 8/10 hrs to get there..SO VERY doable Rich
Just so you realize, Oswago is not Owasko.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #10
Top Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish
I can't believe how many hotels motels are booked for the weekends of the 19th. and 26 of July. I'm not sure how far in advance Kawagirl had to made reservation for Elkins but the sooner the better.
I understand Larry but this is just getting off the ground and we have no idea how many will be coming to even get that involved yet.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer
Quote:
Originally Posted by radco
Just so you realize, Oswago is not Owasko.
Oooops ::)

Old 07-17-2008, 12:49 AM   #12
Top Contributor

10/4 sheriff :)
74,010miles
VBA #299
Her's 10 900LT 36,700

09 Bath NY.
10 Lake George NY.
11 National Maggie Valley NC.
12 Pa Wilds (Wellsboro) Pa.
14 Lincoln NH.
17 National Lake George NY.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:08 AM   #13

We will be fine. I have talked to Steve and he is going to be very, very helpfull. He knows the area well.
VBA #9

2011 Victory Kingpin mine
2013 Victory Boardwalk -hers

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]
[SIZE=4]

Old 07-19-2008, 07:11 AM   #14

I assume this will be a WEEKEND thing?or WEEK Day? I have 3 weeks vacation so I'm Game for any time.My only bad time would be the second or 3rd week of June, I do a ride to www.naturalbridgeva.com to hook up with my old Sabre group.. It is ALL brands now, so if anyone want to go down there with me YOUR WELCOME ,, and Ill post here when I have the 09 Dates....and no matter what State we do it would be great to pick up member on the way down ...As Far as Up State NY,, GREAT Roads,Tons of Deer and alot of Wineries ::) Rich

Old 07-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #15
Top Contributor

That creates a dilemna Rich. There are school workers that want to come to the rally. The first and second weekends are tied up for them and the last weekend is too close to July 4th and people will be taking a week vacation for the 4th. My tenure as RL runs out in July so I can't plan for that month. This leaves us with the 3rd weekend which will probably be a meet and greet on Thursday evening after people ride to get there on Thursday.

I asked Trip why he's changing RL's in July and he said it's too hot to ride then and he'll do what he pleases on when to swap the RL,ARLs out. To me I can understand his thinking since he lives in Texas but it's not right for our area. I don't have control of this so the 3rd weekend is the only logical time to have this rally (unless of course I stay home for my Mom's 78th birthday). I hope you understand.