Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > General > Off-Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #1

Harley Harley Harley Harley Harley

Okay I finally did it. After being pressured from the guys in my club about Harley Davidson being the greatest thing on earth since Jesus, I finally took one for a test ride with the possibility of buying one. Got to the dealer and they looked over my 2011 Voyager with a fine tooth comb and went to get me a trade-in price while I took a Road Glide Ultra for a ride.
From the moment I sat on the bike and took off, I wasn't impressed. Clutch action was a little quicker then the Voyager. Pickup may have been a little faster too. But the vibration was ridiculous, even while moving. I don't see the attraction in that. Then the pedals really sucked. Both the brake pedal and the shifter were so close in to the frame, it made it difficult and uncomfortable to brake and shift, and I'm only 6", 250 lbs. The salesman said I could buy an extended brake pedal. It didn't have a gear indicator. Not that it's mandatory, but it is really nice to have. And the entire dashboard was just ho hum. I like mine way better. I still don't get the CD player. When we got back from the test ride, I didn't even bother finding out what their deal would be. So I guess I'll be ridiculed by the guys in my club forever. I won't be 'welcomed' and feel the love at Harley dealerships everywhere I go, as one guy said, and I won't have to stop at every Harley dealership I pass, as they do, but I'll still love what I ride.

Login or Register to Remove Ads