Register FAQ Upgrade Membership Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Go Back   Vulcan Bagger Forums > Technical :: Maintenance :: Performance > 1700 Nomad, Vaquero & Voyager

Old 10-06-2016, 11:16 AM   #1

Brake Light

I'm trying to hook up an extra brake light to my 2011Nomad 1700. According to the manual you have to remove the rear fender in order to work on the brake light wiring underneath. I s there any way I can hook this up to any of the wirings under the seat? If I can which one is for the brake light. The one I bought has 3 wires, one for ground, one for running lights and one for the brake light. Any help will be appreciated.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Old 10-06-2016, 12:35 PM   #2

I have a 2015 Voyager and I was able to lift the bike and with the rear wheel off the ground I was able to work between the tire and fender to remove the rear tail light. Once you do that you have access to the wires from the outside of the fender.

2005 Vulcan Nomad Sold
2006 Honda 1800 VTX (Freebie) Sold
2008 Harley Ultra Classic Sold
2001 Harley Ultra Classic Sold

Hangtown, Kalifornia

VBA #2625

Old 10-06-2016, 07:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Hog View Post
I have a 2015 Voyager and I was able to lift the bike and with the rear wheel off the ground I was able to work between the tire and fender to remove the rear tail light. Once you do that you have access to the wires from the outside of the fender.
Another way is to tap into the brake and running light wires under the seat and then run your wiring back separately. I did that when I put a led light strip on my 2011 Nomad tail along with a modulator from Custom Dynamics. If you go that route, you'll need a service manual to identify the proper wires. As I recall, they're color coded. I had some skepticism when I tapped into them, but it worked.

Happy and safe riding,
Dan